Instructional Designer, Learning and Development
At PatientPop, we believe healthcare providers should focus their attention on delivering quality care to patients. That's why we devised a solution that allows providers to build a thriving practice, without being tied down by the burdens of business growth.
We've helped thousands of providers since our founding in 2014. Along the way, we cultivated an incredible work environment — one of the best, according to Great Place to Work.
Our dedicated team brings a blend of experiences that drives innovation and customer success. Our development-focused culture allows employees to thrive personally and professionally. And our bustling (dog-friendly!) offices are in an enviable location: just two blocks from the beach and around the corner from 3rd Street Promenade.
Now, we want you to be a part of it all.
How you will contribute:
The Instructional Designer, Learning and Development [L&D] will be responsible for creation of materials in support of learning experiences across PatientPop. The goal is to facilitate learners in acquiring knowledge, skills and competencies in an effective and appealing manner. Reporting to the Head of Learning and Development, the job of the Instructional Designer, L&D will be focused on creating scalable training programs & materials to ramp up new employees and improve productivity that contributes to our Learn and Grow culture. This individual should be skilled at understanding stakeholder needs and translating those into world-class learning and development programs.
- You’ll partner closely with L&D Program Managers in developing world-class L&D initiatives for our employees
- Identify needs, prioritize and gain agreement on design plan to achieve goals
- Collaborate in partnership with subject matter experts, various stakeholders, and leverage existing materials to understand real-world experiences to design against
- Design content across the full range of L&D programs including new hire onboarding, Customer Success, Sales, management and leadership development and key organizational capabilities and tools
- Create consistent, effective, scalable, interactive and engaging learning and development content and experiences across the full customer journey that enhances transfer across business areas
- Manage content development process, ensuring alignment, engagement and expectation management
- You’ll have a strong visual aesthetic in designing content, materials & multi-media (slide decks, audio, video, simulations, role plays, facilitator guides, job aids, games, etc)
- Apply tested instructional design theories, practices and methods
- Maintain project documentation and leverage tools to optimize learning: i.e. LMS, Knowledge Base
- Collaborate with L&D team on criteria and plan strategies for measuring success relative to learners’ performance
- Model lifelong learning, staying aware of trends, technologies, tools in the L&D space and apply appropriately to overarching strategic L&D initiatives on behalf of the organization
- Work at a fast pace and be comfortable with shifting priorities
- Become an expert in our product, value proposition, industry and best practices to drive customers’ success on our platform. Stay up to date on SEO best practices and online marketing trends
Skills you’ll bring:
- BS or MA degree in instructional design, educational technology or similar
- Well versed in adult learning principles and L&D current trends preferably in B2B SaaS space and/or company in high growth cycles
- Ability to extract knowledge from Subject Matters Experts and design for ease of learning
- Proven skills in best instructional design and learning methods (self directed, online, blended, in person)
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, storyboard, audio scripts/video scripts, and use visual design skills
- Self starter with ability to effectively partner with stakeholders and sponsors to work collaboratively across multiple departments and levels
- Project management experience with proven ability to handle multiple, time-sensitive and competing priorities simultaneously to drive projects to completion without significant supervision
- Proactive individual with strong execution and service orientation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience using Salesforce CRM platform highly preferred
- Exposure to Cloud-based systems is ideal but not required
- Collaborative, team player with a strong focus on delivering to have an impact
- Innovative design approach that is not constrained by what is today or tools available.
Why you're important to us:
The Instructional Designer plays a critical role framing input from our key stakeholders, SME’s and peers about our solution, internal processes and being the creative one to pull together in the most meaningful, digestible and impactful way for our employees. The Instructional Designer prime focus is to partner closely with L&D Program Managers to design consistent L&D content, supporting materials, tools and resources to help our people Learn and Grow. Essentially help us build out world class Learning and Development at PatientPop.
In 90 days you will:
- Build relationships and spend time to gain solid understanding of our business, our solution and the way we work
- Meet with Customer Success and Sales stakeholders, SME’s to begin intake for Instructional design
- Identify, prioritize and create 90 plan with areas of focus
- Initiate design against highest priority deliverables
PatientPop has one simple mission: to help healthcare practices thrive. We do this by giving providers everything they need attract and recall patients to continuously grow their practices.
Our solution is the first complete cloud-based platform that's HIPAA-compliant and proven to accelerate new patient acquisition, while also eliminating the need for dedicated marketing resources. With PatientPop, providers can attract more patients, manage online reputation, modernize the patient experience, and automate the front office — all without sacrificing quality patient care. Learn more at patientpop.com
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.