Graphic Designer - Society6
Society6 is a creative marketplace where independent artists upload designs on quality goods ranging from art, home décor and accessories. Every purchase pays an artist, and all our 50+ products are made to order. With designs from over 300,000 artists, you’ll always find something new, unique and perfect for you.
We are looking for a Graphic Designer to help from our Santa Monica office
Leaf Group is a diversified Internet company that builds platforms to enable communities of creators to reach dedicated audiences in the ever-growing lifestyle categories.
You’ll Report To: Art Director
A typical day as a Graphic Designer might include:
- Creating visual style guides for seasonal branding campaigns, utilizing playful patterns, colors and typography
- Generating design inspiration, thumbnail sketches, and iterative design reviews for various printed ephemera: catalogs, mailers, postcards, and inserts
- Developing and expanding internal branding assets: business cards, stationery etc.
- Designing experiential assets for brand partnerships and PR events: posters, rack cards, display banners etc.
- Overseeing and proofing all email and paid digital campaigns for both Society6 and Deny Designs, our wholesale brand
- Designing new packaging systems
- Assisting on photoshoots
You’ll be successful if you are both detail-focused and big-picture aware, keeping in mind broader strategic goals as you translate our brand into effective marketing and outreach.
What You Have:
- 3-5 years relevant work experience
- Fluency in the principles and practices of design composition, typographic hierarchy, illustration, and production
- Mastery of the Adobe Creative Suite especially inDesign and Photoshop
- Light photo retouching skills
- An innovative and contemporary design sense
- Ability to work efficiently and thrive in a highly collaborative work environment, taking direction and asking questions to hone your skills and meet our goals
- A great eye for details and commitment to producing the best work possible
- Must be able to manage multiple projects at once
- Light HTML/CSS knowledge a plus
- Having your own artistic practice a plus
- Enthusiasm for contributing to the team
- A pleasant and supportive demeanor. We're casual and informal but we work hard, and we all work to support each other.
Who We Are:
We create experiences that celebrate the best of art, design, and technology. We want smart, curious people committed to putting people first, having fun while they work, a commitment to high quality service to make things better and a desire for constant growth. We work in a fun, hard-working collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
What We Have:
- Well+Good is the 2019 People's Choice winner of the Webby’s Award for Best Lifestyle Brand
- eHow is the 2019 People's Choice and official Webby Winner for Social Video/How To-DIY
- Leaf Group is among the 2019 Built In LA Best Companies To Work For
- Leaf Group is among Comparably's 2018 Best Companies in Los Angeles
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages (i.e., Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, 401K)
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.