Game Designer at Talespin
Talespin is building the platform to transform talent development and skill alignment for the future of work. Our spatial computing products deliver a new standard for learning and workforce data, empowering organizations and individuals to make better talent and career decisions.
A Game Designer is an innovative champion of engaging design across Talespin’s immersive products and projects. This role will ensure that modules are engaging, fun, and replayable as well as effective learning tools. The Game Designer will work as part of a collaborative team to create modules that build upon the vision of the larger Talespin learning universe.
In This Role you Will:
- Design engaging learning experiences that captivate users and enable them to master key learning points.
- Creatively innovate design features that distinguish Talespin experiences.
- Create modules that take full advantage of the capabilities of VR, or other chosen mediums of learning.
- Design scoring and feedback systems that gamify learning experiences and demonstrate learning progress to users and administrators.
- Work with clients and collaborators to identify learning pain points and identify possible solutions.
- Work collaboratively in a team of other designers, producers, and writers.
- Work with subject matter experts to translate their knowledge and expertise into engaging learning experiences.
- Revise designs as necessary based on feedback from users, SMEs, team members, and stakeholders.
- Pitch ideas internally to team members and stakeholders.
- Participate in production activities such as table reads and motion capture sessions.
What We Are Looking For in a Candidate:
- 5 years of experience in the (game) industry as a game designer.
- Ability to manage priorities.
- Strong understanding of XR.
- Understanding of game structure and story and how they can integrate effectively.
- Ability to design, iterate and revise work under tight deadlines.
- Ability to brainstorm, collaborate with a team, and generate constructive feedback.
- Ability to interpret client requirements and specifications into engaging scenarios.
- Ability to adapt design to match a project's tone, business requirements, and learning goals.
One Or More Of These Is a Plus:
- Experience in UI/UX design.
- Understanding of educational pedagogy and learning theory.
- Experience of designing (serious) games for learning and training purposes in an enterprise environment.
- Experience designing at least one shipped product.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Experience in the Unity Engine.