Front End Web Developer
Hi, my name is Teddy and I’m the CEO of MDB Co. !
We design and manufacture the best juvenile furniture in the world, from the most Eco-conscious cribs on the market to the most iconic and award-winning designs in the industry. Based just east of downtown Los Angeles, we are a family business built on the talents of 100 smart, entrepreneurial-wired, and self-motivated people with diverse backgrounds and interests.
Over the years, we have developed 7 leading brands of baby products, an in-house start-up, Capsule Home, which sells home furnishings direct to consumer, and our latest venture, Beast of Leisure, a line of mid-century modern dog beds.
I see it as my top priority to cultivate a place where you will learn, grow, and be valued. We don’t have everything figured out, but we do learn quickly! It’s important to me that all of our team members enjoy coming to work every day and make an impact not only to our company and our customers, but to each other as well. Come and visit us, I think you’ll see and feel the difference right when you walk through the door!
Front End UX Developer Job Summary:
As we continue to grow our brands, we need a smart, energetic UX/UI Website Designer and Front-End Developer to help us spread the word and elevate our positioning in the market. We are looking for a full-time website designer with front-end development skills to improve, maintain and launch new E-commerce websites across our 7+ brands. This is an onsite role where you will be working directly with our marketing and branding team to launch enterprise-level solutions that improve customer service, order fulfillment, account management, while implementing new web features that increase consumer engagement, sales, and reinforce each brand’s unique positioning.
Our ideal candidate is a creative, thoughtful, analytical, and customer experience-driven designer and front-end developer with a web-based art background and a technical understanding of design tools. Our core team is powerful, productive yet small and tight-knit. The candidate should be practical, results-producing, enjoy wearing multiple hats, motivated, obsessive about the customer experience and our brands’ goals, and an excellent communicator. Our websites are mobile-first and hosted on Shopify, so practical experience with this platform is required. This role is integral to each brand’s positioning in the market and reports to the Brand Director.
- Design and launch mobile-first websites on the Shopify platform
- Optimize onsite features such as checkout, information pages, promotional pages, lead forms to improve conversion rates, engagement, and revenue
- Own web design from start to finish. Create mockups, wireframes, and prototypes with use of current UI trends, then design beautiful, intuitive web pages, and execute all front-end code
- Research, test, and integrate applications for site improvements
- Schedule and run user testing on prototypes to validate visual design and interactions
- Collaborate with internal technology team developers to integrate current systems with our websites to simplify and enhance web management processes
- Partner across functions (branding, technology, customer service, logistics, quality) to build work processes that improve customer experience, information flow and timeliness
- Build business-facing UIs and dashboards to help different departments manage back-end processes
- Create user flows, sitemaps with an understanding of information architecture of complex systems
- Ensure uniformity across all our products via best practices, brand style guides, applications used, and product specs
- Experience designing and implementing mobile-first, direct response, ecommerce websites and applications
- Experience working in any stand-alone ecommerce platforms and enterprise systems, experience with Shopify or Magento is required
- Experience with code (HTML, CSS, JS, PHP) and front-end development frameworks
- Strong online portfolio showcasing your design work and problem-solving skillset
- Proficient in Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, InVision is a plus
- Strong communication and presentation skills as you’ll be expected to communicate design decisions to business stakeholders and leadership
- Creative, technical, and strategic thinker with a strong emphasis on driving sales via ecommerce
- Highly organized and detail oriented with ability to meet deadlines and create error-free work
- A great attitude - enjoys building and contributing to happy, high-functioning teams
- Outgoing, professional demeanor with the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships within MDB and with our external vendors and customers
- A practical, solutions-oriented approach to problem solving. Our ideal candidate enjoys getting things done
What You'll Get:
- Competitive pay
- 100% of your health, dental and vision insurance monthly premiums paid by us!
- Company matching 401(k)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Work-life balance and flexible schedule
- Company-wide monthly celebrations - lunch is on us!
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free MDB Co. swag + generous employee discount on products