Hawke Media’s creative team is up to new ideas, and it starts with you! We are looking to bring on an enthusiastic, passionate and freelance creative web designer. If you are versatile, self-motivated and thrive in a fast-paced “learn-by-doing” environment, then you'll find our atmosphere very exciting. You’ll be working on a variety of projects ranging from high-profile, mass scale clients to brand new start-ups looking to find their identity.
*This is not a full stack development role, and a designer background is required.
- Plan, wireframe, design and create websites.
- Alter templates using HTML & CSS, following modern design trends.
- Ability to plan for mobile-friendly responsive design.
- Update and maintain existing websites, including content updates, visual enhancements, landing page creation and performance profiling/optimization.
- Manage your own projects with a self-starter attitude, and communicate clearly with clients.
- Ability to manage scope of work, and stick within said project’s determined scope.
- Recommend best practices for integrating other digital marketing channels offered at Hawke.
Skills & Experience:
- 1-2 years of experience
- Strong design, typographical and interactive skills that match with modern design trends and best practices
- Proven experience of front-end design (HTML, CSS) including responsive design
- Proven experience with Photoshop and Illustrator
- Knowledge of e-commerce best practices, and conversion rate optimization
- High attention to detail, strong verbal and written communication
- Creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality
- Ability to interact, communicate and present ideas and receive creative directions and feedback
- E-commerce or Digital Marketing experience at a previous agency
- Experience working with Shopify and Wordpress for website theme development
- A beautiful portfolio that shows clean, minimal website examples that you have built
- Familiarity using Sketch, Adobe XD or Figma to build lofi and hifi website wireframes and prototypes