Director of User Experience
Factual is looking for a Director of User Experience to manage and develop a team of talented product designers and lead design for our full suite of interactive tools.
As a leader of design at Factual, you’ll do the following:
- Work closely with engineers, product managers, and other designers to build powerful data-driven interfaces for a diverse set users, ranging from marketers to engineers to data scientists.
- Contribute in all facets of the design process, including early stage research, wireframing, prototyping, user testing, and aesthetic polish.
- Mentor other designers and collaborate with them to bring out the best in their work.
- Drive design strategy and outline a clear vision for where design resources will create the strongest impact within the organization.
- Refine internal design systems and work to continually strengthen the collaboration between the design and engineering teams.
- Organize user-testing efforts.
- Grow and develop the design team.
You should be:
- Comfortable engaging with highly technical concepts and designing interactions and visualizations for vast and varied types of data.
- Excited to design experiences and work on problems that are deeper than just visual appearance (e.g. what is more important to show first in a list of autocomplete results, a category of places or a chain of stores? Why?)
- Able to justify and clearly articulate the right level of work to validate a design (e.g. does a particular concept require simple wireframes, an InVision flow, or an interactive prototype?)
- Meticulous and confident in guiding implementation of interfaces with high levels of aesthetic and interaction polish.
- Data-driven with an instinct for how to gather the right quantitative information to drive design decisions.
- 5+ years of experience as a user experience professional, ideally in analytics or other data heavy tools.
- Strong skills in all stages of the design process and proficiency with commonly used tools (e.g. Sketch, Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, etc).
- Track record of designing and shipping intuitive data-driven web applications. While not strictly required, technical ability and programming experience is a strong plus.
- Past roles mentoring or directly managing a team of designers.
- Knowledge of design systems and experience implementing processes to ensure effective collaboration between design and engineering.