Director of Service Design
We solve real-world problems in the home services industry. We are passionate about bringing innovative and delightful solutions to traditional problems and workflows. Our ambitious team of product managers, designers, and product marketers works closely with our thousands of users to help make their lives easier through technology. We embrace agile development and design thinking to ship hundreds of new features every month. We measure our success based on our customer’s success. We strive for real impact.
Director of Service Design
From leading designers and solving complex user experience challenges to creating a cohesive customer journey that accounts for multiple product touchpoints, you’ll be responsible for leading a team of User Researchers as a Director of Service Design.
We value thoughtfulness and cross-disciplinary collaboration, take pride in moving fast, and making smart decisions based on research, iteration, testing, intuition, and empathy. The ideal candidate will have successfully led designers in a previous role, shipped a complex product to a large user base, and fostered a spirit of metrics-driven design amongst their product peers. You’ll be building and leading a team of User Researchers with a high level of responsibility and room for growth.
What you’ll do:
- Analyze, understand, and solve complex problems for our many user personas and multiple business segments
- Work closely with Product Marketing and Product Design to map experiences that improve customer workflows and enable new functionality
- Collaborate on defining, documenting and researching features and functionality, bringing your own perspective and ideas to the table.
- Own end-to-end research projects from ideation, planning, and execution for existing and new product lines
- Contribute to product strategy and roadmaps through customer research and information flow explorations
- Prioritize and guide new research projects based on company goals and business objectives
- Show attention to detail on all levels while constantly brainstorming new ideas and optimizing current user workflows.
What you’ll need:
- A portfolio of design impact that demonstrates experience with the full range of product design, interaction design, and user research
- 7+ years of experience in user experience design for a complex SaaS product, including experience mentoring a team of designers
- Extensive experience in User Research, leading end-to-end design on products for desktop and mobile
- Created a strategy for improving User Experiences for multiple successful products at scale
- Extremely organized and consistently advocates for design methodologies and processes
- Care deeply about technical, scalable, and user-centric models of design
- An excellent communicator and influencer who can work well with various groups and levels of the organization
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high-energy environment, with an entrepreneurial ownership mentality
- Genuine empathy for small business owners and employees and a deep desire to improve their lives
- Experience in a SaaS environment is required
ServiceTitan is a mobile, cloud-based software platform that helps home services companies streamline operations, improve customer service, and grow their business. ServiceTitan's end-to-end solution for the multi-billion dollar residential home services industry includes CRM, intelligent dispatch, custom reporting, marketing automation, mobile solution for field techs, and accounting integration with Intacct and QuickBooks. ServiceTitan brings a fully operational modern SaaS infrastructure to an industry traditionally underserved by software. ServiceTitan is the preferred software for hundreds of the world's most successful plumbing, HVAC, and electrical companies. For more information about ServiceTitan, visit www.ServiceTitan.com.
Los Angeles Business Journal Best Places to Work 2018
Inc 5000 Best Workplaces 2018
Inc 5000 America’s Fastest Growing Companies 2018
Mogul Top 1000 Companies Worldwide for Millennial Women 2018
Glassdoor/Battery Ventures Cloud Computing Companies 2018
Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startup 201717