Director of Product Design at ChowNow
Specifically, You will:
- Hire, mentor and inspire a team of skilled designers — lead team culture and develop growth plans
- Facilitate reviews and meetings, hone processes and workflows in a highly collaborative environment
- Build a world-class experience backed by qualitative and quantitative data
- Ship high-quality design for a two-sided marketplace on multiple platforms
- Foster strong relationships with stakeholders, and effectively advocate for design strategy, vision, and goals
- Encourage an inclusive and open environment that makes space for diverse viewpoints and working styles.
- Be ego-free, and have a willingness to fail and learn
Within 30 Days You’ll:
- Progress through our Ramp Camp (ChowNow’s New Hire Onboarding Experience)
- Observe 4 Restaurant Partner sessions with our RS team
- Observe Product Design related meetings to gain insight into our Product Design process
- Shadow current team members on current projects and initiatives
Within 60 Days You’ll:
- Foster a new Product Designer team project management process
- Begin to develop plans for product and services innovation
- Built working relationships with the Product Development teams
- Lead a component-based design system
- Observe 4 product demos with our sales team
Within 90 Days You’ll:
- Have established relationships with stakeholders and partners and have developed clear lines of communication
- Establish research processes and present them to the department
- Develop a plan for career development within the Product Design team
- Develop a plan to bring a new products on our roadmap to life
- Effectiveness in working across organizational boundaries to define, manage, and prioritize work.
- Deliver a UX vision, along with a plan for evolutionary, iterative updates, that actualize the larger vision over time.
You Should Apply If:
- You have 10 years total in Product Design
- You have 4+ years of experience managing a team including team leads
- Experience recruiting, hiring, and retaining multi-disciplinary design teams
- A track record of leading design through successful launches across iOS, Android, and mobile web
- You have Figma and project and team management software experience
- You have an ability to work efficiently with multiple tasks, projects, and manage a team to do the same
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills (written, verbal and on-screen)
- You are proficient at running usertesting sessions and recruiting candidates
- You have strong attention to detail and are highly organized
- You have an ability to work well in a fast-paced professional environment
- You can influence executive leadership across groups
- Have a passion for food and helping businesses grow
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities.
- A "Best Place to Work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Mental Health Coverage - we offer several programs to support your mental health and wellness goals.
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 6 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 6 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave.
- 401(k) Matching
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program.
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool).
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan.
- Pet insurance for your fur babies
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series.
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion).
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly.
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable.
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap.