Director of Product Design
Our enterprise SaaS platform solves real world problems in the home services industry. We are passionate about bringing innovative and delightful solutions to traditional problems and workflows. Our ambitious team of product managers, designers, and product marketers works closely with our thousands of users to help make their lives easier through technology. We embrace agile development and design thinking to ship hundreds of new features every month. We measure our success based on our customer’s success. We strive for real impact.
Director of Product Design
You are an excellent design leader with strong product vision, a mind towards execution, and a desire to build a culture that elevates the team. You have successfully led and scaled a large design team and acted as a mentor and coach, improving both hard and soft skills of designers. You know what quality looks like, sets the bar high, and helps the team develop processes and strategies to get there.
You are a good partner for our friends in Service Design, Product Management, Engineering, Technical Project Management, Marketing, and Data Science and have fostered a spirit of metrics-driven design amongst their product peers. You will help establish a shared vision of a strong user-focused experience across the company.
What you’ll do:
- Hire, train, mentor, and retain a high-performing team of product designers and design managers to execute our overarching product vision and strategy with a measurable impact on our business.
- Partner with peer teams to evolve our product development process and ensure projects are well-defined, high impact, and successfully executed.
- Build the right standards and lean processes to ensure the correct tradeoff between quality, capabilities, and time while meeting a consistently high bar for design and overall user experience.
- Contribute to product strategy and roadmaps that will help us to achieve our company vision and objectives.
- Inspire a user-centric culture within the team and across the organization.
- Focus relentlessly on supporting cross-functional teams to solve real problems for our users.
- Report directly to the VP of Product and ambitiously scale a design team to match the needs and strategy of the platform
What you’ll need:
- 15+ years or equivalent experience in product design or UI/UX design and leadership roles.
- Experience in a SaaS or enterprise environment or one comparable, preferably on a platform.
- Have built a team of 10 or more.
- Passion for improving User Experiences at scale while supporting business objectives with the ability to help measure those improvements via both quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Proven track record for solving difficult UX design problems and simplifying complex workflows to shape intuitive and delightful interfaces for customers
- Be a strong leader and coach, dedicated to helping your team reach their full potential, effectively delivering direct feedback to product designers in their work and fostering a culture of healthy design processes across the entire company
- Top-notch prioritization and organizational skills. Excited by the idea of managing multiple responsibilities at once and ruthlessly prioritizing the highest impact work.
- Care deeply about technical, scalable, and user-centric models of design.
- Excellent communication skills with strong analytical abilities, conflict resolution, and negotiation skills with the ability to work well across various levels of the organization..
- Ability to lead major cross-functional initiatives in a fast paced environment, building project plans and roadmaps, securing and leading resources, and identifying and removing roadblocks.
ServiceTitan is a mobile, cloud-based software platform that helps home services companies streamline operations, improve customer service, and grow their business. ServiceTitan's end-to-end solution for the multi-billion dollar residential home services industry includes CRM, intelligent dispatch, custom reporting, marketing automation, mobile solution for field techs, and accounting integration with Intacct and QuickBooks. ServiceTitan brings a fully operational modern SaaS infrastructure to an industry traditionally underserved by software. ServiceTitan is the preferred software for hundreds of the world's most successful plumbing, HVAC, and electrical companies. For more information about ServiceTitan, visit www.ServiceTitan.com.
Los Angeles Business Journal Best Places to Work, 2018
Los Angeles Business Journal Top 100 Fastest Growing Private Company, 2018
Deloitte Fast 500, 2018
Inc 5000 - Best Workplaces, 2018
Inc. 5000 – America’s Fastest Growing Companies, 2018
Glassdoor/Battery Ventures Highest Rated Cloud Computing Companies, 2018
Mogul Top 1000 Companies Worldwide for Millennial Women 2018
Forbes - Next Billion-Dollar Startup List, 2017