As Design Director, you will lead the Design team and drive the overall design strategy for FIGS. In collaboration with the CPO, you will create seasonal and monthly products in line with our brand initiatives. Background in presenting seasonal lines with strong product storytelling merging end-use needs for the health professional in functional and elevated designs.
You will report to our CPO while overseeing apparel and accessory design. You will work closely with cross-functional partners in all aspects of the product strategy, design and development, product education and communication, coordination and calendar processes to ensure products align with brand vision and timing.
Our ideal candidate is clear with processes, a serial problem solver and all-star communicator. Creative, passionate with product, highly organized and detail-oriented.
What You'll Do:
- Lead strategy and execution of quarterly concepts and creative roadmaps.
- Drive seasonal color drop creation based on strategy, data and trend
- Provide quarterly fabric and trim development direction with PD and RM R&D to strategically execute to calendar and at price matrix.
- Lead and Mentor Designers and partner with PD on styles development and ensure clarity to manage efficient collaboration and communication with factories
- Partner with the RM team to brief and develop fabrics and trims to execute premium quality final products appropriate for medical professionals
- Attend and direct weekly fittings to ensure all products are executed to meet conceptual aesthetic, functional and fit intent.
- Lead the graphics team in executing print, pattern and trim packs to translate into vision of seasonal concepts
- Partners with Merchandising, Marketing, CX to gain end user consumer
- 12+ years’ experience in a similar role within an apparel DTC company
- Extensive knowledge of woven and knit garment construction and engineering
- Highly creative with a strong understanding of FIGS brand aesthetic with in-depth knowledge of design techniques, product development and RM processes
- Organized, self-motivated, deadline focused and goal driven
- Strong passion for apparel design and ability to recognize and translate into medical apparel product
- Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and knowledge of CAD and 3d design
- Team player
- Positive attitude
- Strong work ethic
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Desire to excel and grow with FIGS
- 100% Awesome (like our scrubs)
*Must submit portfolio along with resume in application for considerationA little bit about us…
The medical apparel industry is antiquated, highly fragmented and, until FIGS, was driven solely by low-cost providers offering a limited selection of poor quality products sold through third party distributors. FIGS is revolutionizing the medical apparel industry by creating the highest quality medical apparel in the world and by selling directly to medical professionals through our branded ecommerce site.
FIGS’ foundation is built on product quality, and we have a relentless focus on three key areas: fabric, fit and function. We developed our proprietary, performance-oriented fabric technology to meet the demands of the medical profession. FIGS’ Technical Collection fabric is wrinkle resistant, moisture-wicking, lightweight, breathable and offers four-way stretch. Our designs are tailored, sophisticated and innovative, incorporating features such as yoga waistbands, smart storage (pockets, zippers, hidden pockets) and inspirational sayings inside each garment that appeal to modern healthcare professionals.
By offering a branded and customer-centric online shopping experience, we are changing how medical professionals buy their workwear. Through our website, social media, and participation in medical conferences and events, we have built a strong following within the medical community and a meaningful connection with our customers, which allows us to understand their needs and to ensure that FIGS is continuously improving and innovating.
FIGS’ Threads for Threads initiative is central to our mission. FIGS has donated hundreds of thousands of scrubs to healthcare providers in need around the world.