Greater LA Area
Who we are
Lucky Day Entertainment, Inc. is a startup based in Los Angeles, CA. Our mission is to impact lives for the better by creating winning moments for anyone.
With our first product, Lucky Day, we reimagined the lottery. Lucky Day is a top 10 free app on the Google Play Store with over 10 million installs. Since 2015, we’ve paid our players over $8 millions — all without ever taking a dime from our players.
We’re looking for intelligent people to join our team in building out Lucky Day and our exciting new products from the ground up.
What you'll do
First and foremost, our team is intrinsically motivated and driven. We encourage each other to be curious, experiment and ask for help. Everyone has a voice - it’s who we are as a team, and it’s how we build great products.
At Lucky Day, we work closely with a nimble team to push the envelope toward outstanding user experiences. Our growth team is seeking a Creative Director. As the creative director you will create and produce video content for Lucky Day! You will be managing a portfolio of videos on the Lucky Day platform and creating captivating new ones to drive new users.
Who you are
- You have the energy and dedication to get things done.
- On every challenge you work on, you understand the context as a whole and always strive to make improvements.
- You possess a high level of curiosity and are excited to create and test your hypothesis in real time.
- You thrive on owning your work from beginning to end without the need for follow-ups and micromanagement.
- You are an absolute team player and support a strong sharing culture.
- Comfortable with delving into the creative of our product and work cross functionally with ad and revenue.
- You are an integrative thinker with strong visual and editing skills.
- Willing to work in a fast paced environment, with competing priorities, and willing to make calls with limited information.
- 5+ years of working a creatively driven role such as Brand Management, Marketing, Advertising, or Video Production
- 2+ years of Management preferred
- Knowledge of DSLRs and editing software
- Advanced level After Effects skills. Compositing, tracking, track mattes, rotoscoping, and particle effects.
- 3D modeling and texturing a plus
- Proficiency with common DSLR's and extremely comfortable getting your hands dirty setting up shots
- An eye for detail when it comes to graphical layouts, eye-lines, and color schemes
- Participate end to end in the video creation life cycle, including the following: ideation, production, testing, and optimization
- Lead creative brainstorming sessions to develop and pitch new video ideas
- Write scripts that engage specific personas in an audience
- Construct short-term tests to obtain insights related to various ad variables
- Use relevant findings in performance data to help successfully execute long-term plans for improving account performance
- Collaborate with video editors to create cogent, effective, and attention-grabbing videos in alignment with account strategies
- Spearhead production to obtain new creative assets for use in video ads
- Lead 3-7 teams of creatives and editors to execute video concept ideas
- Lead strategy meetings with clients and other strategists to understand business objectives, client positioning and consumer needs
- Hire, develop, and mentor a world-class creative strategy team
- Participate in the evaluation and hiring of creative strategists at Lucky Day
- Mentor and train creative strategists in a wide variety of technical areas and analysis in order to encourage career development
- Performance manage creative strategists, and if necessary develop improvement plans or exit low performing members of the creative strategist team
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible work hours
- Unlimited PTO Policy
- Daily lunches and snacks
- Regular team outings
- Performance bonuses
- Competitive compensation
- Work in a startup culture with people that are as driven as you
There’s a lot of flexibility and growth opportunity at Lucky Day. You’ll work one-on-one with your coach/mentor to set and reach goals, find new opportunities, and grow professionally and personally. At a minimum, you’ll have a meaningful impact on popular and highly visible products, influence new products, become familiar with new technology, and be able to demonstrate the results of your work.
Read Full Job Description