Associate UI Artist at Playstation Santa Monica
| Santa Monica
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:37 p.m. (PST) on Monday, March 2, 2020
Join our award-winning God of War team
Come join the team that developed the award-winning God of War! We are looking for a 3D Artist to help in pushing the scope and development of our UI. The 3D Artist will work as part of the cross-disciplinary User Interface Team to create and integrate a range of 3D and 2D UI elements to aid user experience content and functionality. This individual will work with the UI team, engineers, artists and designers to collaborate on 3D assets, dynamic in-game UI elements, and implementation.
Requirements for the position include having a proficiency in Autodesk Maya, and Adobe Photoshop as well as a strong understanding of both the workflow and limitations of creating assets for games. This includes but is not limited to modeling, texturing and materials. Proficiency in Zbrush, Substance, visual effects, graphic design, motion design or a background in UI is a plus.
A strong passion for UI creativity is essential. The candidate should understand working efficiently within memory constraints.
You should have knowledge and love for the action adventure and fantasy genre, and be able to work collaboratively in a small team on fast paced and evolving tasks. Help us create amazing world leading games that will set the PS4 apart from the rest!
- Creating 3D assets to support the UI, which may include, but are not limited to environments, maps and props.
- Creating textures and materials.
- Creating 2D UI assets using Maya and Adobe Creative suite programs.
- Support and supplement the creative vision of the Game Director, Art Director, Design Director, and UI team by achieving clarity and visual quality within technical constraints.
- Explore and push the capabilities of the UI visually.
- Troubleshoot, optimize and test functionality of UI components.
- Contribute to crafting the player experience by communicating information through menus, health/damage information, indicating objectives, and player progression systems.
- Work with other departments across disciplines to overcome problems and challenges.
- Strong artistic and 3D skillset.
- Experience creating game textures, materials and material animations.
- Proficiency in Autodesk Maya and Adobe Photoshop.
- Experience with Zbrush, Substance Painter and PBR materials is desirable.
- Ability and desire to learn new skills and pipelines.
We value talent, self-motivation, and team spirit. In turn, we provide an environment with a large degree of autonomy and opportunities for growth.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond. We genuinely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in Santa Monica Studio.
Read Full Job Description