FIGS is seeking an Associate Technical Designer! You’ll report into the Senior Technical Designer and be responsible for assisting with all garment components including fit, fabric, construction, stitch and trim into fit comments and tech packs. This role will support our PD and Design team and fully understand all measurement and fit details accurately to execute premium medical apparel products to end consumer. Our ideal candidate is clear with processes, a serial problem solver and all-star communicator. We're looking for someone who is creative, passionate with product, highly organized and detail-oriented.
What you’ll do:
- Assist sr. technical designer to assemble and update tech packs to vendors
- Update specs and construction call-outs in tech packs
- Review and approve all protos, pp’s, top’s to ensure all specs and construction are accurate
- Attend and participate in weekly fittings and communicate and assist in fittings to communicate revisions to factories
- Coordinate and organize fit samples for live model fittings, take notes during all fittings to support sr. technical designer
- 2-3 years experience in a similar role within an apparel DTC company
- Strong understanding and extensive knowledge of all fabric types and garment construction with garment measurement experience and basic pattern skills
- Must have technical experience with multiple product categories with strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication
- Exceptional eye to identify fit issues and recommend solutions while mindful of bulk production and costing
- Experience in PLM a plus
- Ability to sketch in adobe illustrator
- Team player
A little bit about us:
The $60 billion medical apparel industry is antiquated, highly fragmented and, until FIGS, was driven solely by low-cost providers offering a limited selection of poor-quality products sold through third party distributors. FIGS is revolutionizing the medical apparel industry by creating the highest quality medical apparel in the world and by selling directly to medical professionals through our branded e-commerce site.
FIGS’ foundation is built on product quality, and we have a relentless focus on three key areas: fabric, fit and function. We developed our proprietary, performance-oriented fabric technology to meet the demands of the medical profession. FIGS’ Technical Collection fabric is wrinkle resistant, stain and liquid repellent, moisture-wicking, odor proof, lightweight, breathable and offers four-way stretch. Our designs are tailored, sophisticated and innovative, incorporating features such as yoga waistbands, smart storage (pockets, zippers, hidden pockets) and inspirational sayings inside each garment that appeal to modern healthcare professionals.
By offering a branded and customer-centric online shopping experience, we are changing how medical professionals buy their workwear. Through our website, social media, and participation in medical conferences and events, we have built a strong following within the medical community and a meaningful connection with our customers, which allows us to understand their needs and to ensure that FIGS is continuously improving and innovating.
FIGS’ Threads for Threads initiative is central to our mission. FIGS has donated scrubs to healthcare providers in need in over 35 countries.