Associate Product Designer at Tinder
| Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:08 a.m. (PST) on Friday, July 16, 2021
We’re seeking a creative problem solver that can tackle complex challenges and deliver polished, delightful products for our members. You’ll use your full range of skills including strategic design, interaction design, and visual design to solve problems and craft delightful experiences. You’ll partner with product, data science, engineering and marketing, to identify new opportunities, create and test concepts, and deliver end-to-end solutions that are functional, usable, and enjoyed by Tinder’s diverse user base.
As a designer on our Product Resilience pillar you will be focused on experiences that align towards the team’s mission of protecting Tinder’s advantage, including trust and safety considerations, user privacy and social impact.
What You'll Do
- Design valuable, cohesive and delightful user experiences for Tinder.
- Work with a highly technical cross functional pod.
- Synthesize the moving parts of complex engineering systems as they relate to and affect the overall user experience.
- Create UX designs and prototypes and UI mock-ups, including wireframes, flowcharts, visual mock-ups.Iterate on designs based on feedback from team members, stakeholders and users.
- Communicate design decisions without defending them.
- Always be an advocate for our users.
- Stay up-to-date with mobile app design trends, best practices, patterns, new capabilities, etc., and use this knowledge to push the product forward.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree in Design, HCI or Computer Science, or equivalent experience preferred.
- Fascination for understanding user behavior and empathy for diverse perspectives.
- A love for productive collaboration. Able to build trust & strong relationships at all levels, influences without formal authority, pushes back when appropriate.
- Earns respect and respects contributions of others.
- Experience in product design, UI design and/or UX design.
- Experience designing for both Android and iOS. Knowledge of HIG & Material Design.
- Ability to conduct exploratory user research and usability testing.
- Experience with Figma, Sketch, Principle, and other design & prototyping platforms a must.
- Process oriented but flexible to get things done in ambiguous times.
- Experience designing for social media or dating apps
- Experience with animation and/or motion design
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
• Working on a product that has an immediate impact on people’s lives all around the world
• Collaborating with a team of creative, fun and driven colleagues
• Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
• Other perks and wellness benefits like a fitness membership subsidy, paid concierge medical membership, pet insurance offerings, and a commuter subsidy
• Access to mental health resources
• Fertility preservation benefits
• No Meeting Wednesdays, an annual Learning + Development stipend, and access to a wide range of product and service discounts through Perkspot
• Charitable donations match up to $15,000 annually
• Monthly and weekly interactive virtual events including Book Club, trivia with prizes and yoga workouts
• The opportunity to join six active Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our product, and our community. We strive to make our workplace an inclusive and diverse environment, giving people from all walks of life the opportunity to have a voice. We champion and encourage those who bring different perspectives, ideas, and creativity to join our team dedicated to bringing people together across the globe. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, or other lived experience.