Associate Designer- Women's and Men's
FIGS is looking for an awesome Associate Designer to join our Design team. The ideal candidate is passionate about designing ridiculously comfortable medial apparel for the modern medical professional. This role is a unique opportunity to be incredible creative while also getting to collaborate and work with cross-functional team members.
We like to say that the highest standards weren't out there, so we created them. We’re a fast-paced, driven, start-up. We work hard and are passionate about the products we make and the people we serve. FIGS strives to make an impact in the lives of medical professionals around the world. Modern, thoughtful, 100% awesome. This is FIGS.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborates with design team to research, create new concepts, ideas, and inspiration each season
- Executes designs with a strong flat technical sketching ability
- Update BOMs for allotted styles from development to production
- Ensures all CADs are up to date
- Owns and manages all Linesheets and Line Review updates and sends out to team on weekly basis
- Proficient in RLM or other apparel software (preferred)
- Communicates development needs to PD team and assists in sourcing and choosing materials for production
- Takes detailed notes in meetings and presentations lead by Design Director
- Be proficient in Illustrator, Photoshop and Excel
- Ability to create original artwork and send out to vendors in appropriate format
- Owns fabric and trim approvals handed over by PD
- Develop new trims based on FIGS brand guidelines for every season
- Attends fittings and provides comments and notes to technical design team in a timely manner
- Bachelor or Associate degree preferred and have at least 2-4 years of Design experience
- Solid understanding of design process and product construction (e.g. finishes, fabrics, hardware, stitches, etc.)
- Ability to think 3-dimensionally and to visualize from swatch to body
- Demonstrated time management and strong communication skills
- Ability to work in a very fast paced environment and own specific categories
- Ability to multitask and be highly organized
Other must haves:
- Positive, go-getter attitude!
- Proven work ethic and integrity and able to be a team player
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Desire to excel and grow with FIGS
- 100% Awesome. Like our scrubs
A little bit about us…
The $50 billion medical apparel industry is antiquated, highly fragmented and, until FIGS, was driven solely by low-cost providers offering a limited selection of poor-quality products sold through third party distributors. FIGS is revolutionizing the medical apparel industry by creating the highest quality medical apparel in the world and by selling directly to medical professionals through our branded ecommerce site.
FIGS’ foundation is built on product quality, and we have a relentless focus on three key areas: fabric, fit and function. We developed our proprietary, performance-oriented fabric technology to meet the demands of the medical profession. FIGS’ Core Collection fabric is wrinkle resistant, stain and liquid repellant, moisture-wicking, odor proof, lightweight, breathable and offers four-way stretch. Our designs are tailored, sophisticated and innovative, incorporating features such as yoga waistbands, smart storage (pockets, zippers, hidden pockets) and inspirational sayings inside each garment that appeal to modern healthcare professionals.
By offering a branded and customer-centric online shopping experience, we are changing how medical professionals buy their workwear. Through our website, social media, and participation in medical conferences and events, we have built a strong following within the medical community and a meaningful connection with our customers, which allows us to understand their needs and to ensure that FIGS is continuously improving and innovating.
FIGS’ Threads for Threads initiative is central to our mission. FIGS has donated hundreds of thousands of scrubs to healthcare providers in need in over 35 countries.
Read Full Job Description