Associate Designer (Temp) - Saatchi Art at Leaf Group
Saatchi Art is the world’s leading online art gallery, established with the goal of helping people all over the world connect with art and artists they love. We offer an unparalleled selection of paintings, drawings, sculptures, and photography in a wide range of prices, and provide artists worldwide with an expertly curated environment in which to exhibit and sell their work. Based in Los Angeles, Saatchi Art is redefining the experience of buying and selling art, making it welcoming and accessible for artists and collectors alike.
Leaf Group is a house of brands that builds platforms to enable communities of creators to reach dedicated audiences in the ever-growing lifestyle categories.
We are looking for an Associate Designer to help our creative team with creating print and digital assets, email and social campaign designs, as well as UX/UI design elements for our Saatchi Art website from our Santa Monica office. This is a temporary position with full-time hours (Mon-Fri, 8 hours/day) for 3-6 months.
A big vision calls for a big job. As we grow, our need for an Associate Designer (Temp) grows with us.
You’ll Report To: Sr. Director, Creative
A typical day as an Associate Designer (Temp) might include:
- Designing experiences that are simple, elegant, and intuitive.
- Participating in design team brainstorms & ideation sessions.
- Conceiving and executing strategy-driven design solutions for print and digital marketing campaigns across multiple channels.
- Managing ongoing production of image assets for the website and email newsletters.
- Creating new designs for pages, features, and tools on the Saatchi Art website.
- Reviewing the work of web developers and external vendors to assure adherence to brand guidelines.
- Assisting the creative team with evolving and refining the Saatchi Art brand.
You’ll be successful if you are a creative and detail-oriented designer.
What You Have:
- A strong design portfolio with a range of print and digital campaigns, motion graphics, and UI/UX design examples (please make sure to share a link to your portfolio).
- Experience creating innovative UI/UX design solutions that are simple, elegant,
- Mastery of the common tools of the trade (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Sketch, Invision, and Pen and Paper).
- Proficiency with video editing tools (Premiere, After Effects).
- Illustration/Drawing skills is a huge plus
- Ability to produce top-quality work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to commit to a schedule of 40 hours/week for up to 6 months.
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats - no job being too small or too large.
- We're casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. A pleasant and supportive demeanor goes a long way.
Who We Are:
We create experiences that celebrate the best of art, design, and technology. We want smart, curious people committed to putting people first, having fun while they work, a commitment to high quality service to make things better and a desire for constant growth. We work in a fun, hard-working collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
What We Have:
- Well+Good is the 2019 People's Choice winner of the Webby’s Award for Best Lifestyle Brand
- eHow is the 2019 People's Choice and official Webby Winner for Social Video/How To-DIY
- Leaf Group is among the 2019 Built In LA Best Companies To Work For
- Leaf Group is among Comparably's 2018 Best Companies in Los Angeles
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
- Competitive compensation and benefit options (i.e., Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Commuter)
- Discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.