Join the award-winning team that created God of War
Are you the type of gamer who notices every detail?
Working as a Collision Designer you have the responsibility to provide the player with a smooth and free-flowing journey, as they explore incredible worlds. Your diligence to the mission will help maintain immersion and enable every player to be a hero.
- Create basic collision for early-in-production, designer created environments.
- Craft detailed collision for the high-poly environments, created by the Env Art team.
- Ensure that all collision allows for frictionless character movement and precise interactions.
- Balance the need to be meticulous with ensuring the game remains performant.
- Communicate status and intent across the Level Design & Environment Art teams.
- Collaborate with the other Collision Designers and Production to ensure there is full coverage on tasks and that collision best practices are being adhered to.
- Proficient in the use of Maya.
- Meticulous and detail-oriented – you know that getting the small things right matters!
- A proactive, self-motivated, and disciplined approach to work.
- Excellent communications and collaboration skills.
- Experienced gamer who understands the effect that good/bad collision can have on games.
- Full development cycle experience for at least 1 published triple-A title.
- Experience in level design or environmental art modelling.