Grindr is looking for an experienced Art Director to join our growing in-house creative team. This role will report to our Marketing Director and work closely with designers on all types of design and asset creation for brand, digital, and video elements. The ideal candidate is passionate about queer culture, immersed in trends in art and design, has a network of talented freelance creators they can tap for projects, and is as comfortable working alongside designers on day-to-day asset production as they are concepting and art directing visionary campaigns.
- Develop creative concepts for projects and campaigns that push our brand in new and unexpected directions and position Grindr at the vanguard of queer culture
- Create compelling visual worlds for projects that can span multiple platforms
- Update and maintain brand standards, create brand kit for public/media use, and ensure design execution aligns with brand vision across projects and teams
- Work with designers in the hands-on production of marketing assets and other internal requests, including branded merch, social media content, in-app messaging, event collateral, app store creative, seasonal photoshoots, presentation decks etc.
- Manage a team of designers and identify new techniques and workflows to drive quality and support their continued growth and development
- Work closely with product and other teams to ensure brand and marketing design supports and aligns with company-wide goals and objectives
- Manage and meet multiple deadlines, execute and refine creative in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Arts, Graphic Design, or related discipline
- 3-5 years of previous experience as an Art Director with a creative agency, media company, or mobile app
- Strong portfolio of visual design, with experience designing for mobile & responsive web
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite, experience with Figma and Sketch a plus
- Deep knowledge of the Grindr app, as campaign work will also include product marketing and feature launches
- The details matter to you; you have a sensitivity to letter spacing, color themes and can pick out off-centered elements even when they’re 2 px off
- An understanding of UI/UX principles and design is a plus
- Experience with HTML, CSS, and animation tools are a plus
Why Work at Grindr?
Since 2009, Grindr has built the world’s largest social network for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. Now more than just an app, we’re a family of lifestyle brands with the shared mission to connect LGBTQ people with the world around them:
- Grindr – The location-based social app that started it all. Over 3 million people use Grindr daily, from every country on the planet.
- Grindr for Equality (G4E) – Our social mission to promote justice, health, and safety for LGBTQ individuals around the globe.
- BLOOP - A space for Grindr users to connect around sex, dating, and everything else happening on—and off—the apps.
Behind the brands, Grindr is an inclusive and passionate family of thinkers, innovators, leaders, and most importantly, doers. We’re fueled by endless curiosity, constant collaboration, and a knack for crossing every finish line – all within an agile growth environment. We also enjoy tons of perks, great social events, and stunning views from our HQ in West Hollywood.
A note about remote work
While our preference is for someone who can eventually be in person in our West Hollywood office, the entire company is currently remote and we are open to hiring the right remote candidates.
Benefits & Perks
- 100% vision, dental, & medical premium coverage
- Generous Parental Leave
- Flexible Time Off Policy
- Competitive Salaries
- 401(k)- Matching
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to Grindr without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.