Who Are We:
When you leave work, do you miss it? Do you wish you were moving your work forward because you knew it would move your entire industry forward, we do.
The people here at Puffco don’t just create products — we create behavior changing experiences for a community in the millions, with more added everyday. The mentality that drives the leadership at Puffco is based on passion and obsession, never by obligation. The excitement of a new idea turning into a tangible product that changes people’s lives is a rare gift, that we cherish daily.
Puffco has already produced the most awarded devices ever in our space, but for us, this is just the beginning. What we’ve created is truly special, and we’re looking for special people to help shape the future of our industry. Join Puffco and you join a family, and a community that you can directly impact. The possibilities are limitless, and the results dependent on how deep you care to dive in.
Some Of What We Have Achieved:
- Listed by MG Magazine as one of the 50 best companies to work for.
- Nominated for Engadget’s “Best Of CES”
- Featured on Vice, Netflix, HBO, and were one of the only products ever to be featured on the Cover of High Times magazine.
- Written about in Forbes, Rolling Stone, Billboard Magazine, and other publications now just tuning into the work we’ve been putting in when no one was paying attention.
- Grew 5x in revenue and 3x in scale, and we have no plans of slowing.
- Released the first-ever smart rig, the Puffco Peak, a mile-stone in consumer electronics, creating an unrivaled consumer experience and massive appeal.
- Brought together the worlds of art and technology with the Puffco Glass Open. It stimulated the billion-dollar glass art industry, providing jobs and creating an impact far beyond what most consumer products can achieve.
- Vastly expanded our distribution to more than 51 different countries, leaving a global impression.
Puffco is looking for a multidisciplinary Art Director to help bring big-agency tactics and top-notch conceptualization and execution to an industry with huge possibilities. You’ll contribute to our social accounts, develop campaigns around product launches, design community events, and help to lay the foundation for the future of creative marketing in our industry.
What we need from you:
- Social Contribution: Help us to offer our community content that speaks to them in a way that shows understanding while also inviting them to engage in the conversation. Your overall mission is to create videos, photography, and design work to promote our products and also create a discussion around the cannabis space.
- Creative Concepting: We’ll rely on you to find new ways to connect with both our existing audience and new users through events, social, retail, and out-of-home channels. Consistently ideating and pitching new ways of creating impactful work should excite you.
- Execution: Great ideas are just the beginning. Possessing a passion for bringing creative to life with a high level of polish is absolutely required. This includes possessing a strong sensibility for art direction and design with an elevated level of taste.
- Stay up to date with new innovations and industry trends and outlets.
- Manage your time and resources with attention to detail.
What you Possess:
- 3 - 7 years of experience
- Must have an online portfolio to apply
- Strong abilities in the Adobe Creative Suite (AI, PS, ID). After Effects and Premiere experience is a huge plus.
- Big Idea Thinking: You’re on board to help create campaigns that work across multiple platforms and you’re not afraid to throw ideas around.
- Versatility: You can create incredible imagery, consistent design work, and impactful social content to create a unique space for our fans to enjoy the products.
- Production Savvy: You know how to work within budgetary constraints and have experience working with a variety of team members and vendors to bring ideas to life.
- Multi-tasking Ability: You have the ability to move several projects forward in tandem and manage your own bandwidth efficiently. To us, knowing when to ask for help is a strength, not a weakness.
- Cultural Player: Your interests outside of work help to inform your own aesthetic and identity. You’re constantly looking at who is doing awesome shit and considering how it impacts their audience.
Perks and Benefits:
- Competitive pay, 401K, Medical/Dental/ Vision/Life coverage, Flexible Time-Off
- Amazing pet friendly office in LA Center Studios with a fun casual and comfortable work environment
- Snacks, lunches, retreats, and SO much more!
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Puffco strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Puffco’s recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Puffco may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
**Additional information about our company can be found at www.puffco.com.
Follow us on Instagram @Puffco