We’re an influencer brand development company that partners with major social media influencers and celebrities to launch digital-first (eCommerce) brands and scale them. We’re obsessed with creating high-performing digital marketing campaigns and maximizing retention and revenue while creating massive value - both for CreateTribe and SupplyTribe and for our influencer partners.
We're looking for an experienced apparel designer with strong graphic design skills to join our team of product designers, developers, and social media and influencer marketers to design streetwear and lifestyle apparel and merchandise for new and existing brands.
You'll produce high-quality prototype designs - from concept to execution - that reflect the brand, embody its personality, and inject beauty and life into a concept or product.
This is a full-time in-house position based in our Compton production warehouse, where we design, develop, and ship. You'll have a flexible schedule (we understand the LA commute grind), an opportunity for full health benefits, monthly reimbursements for your health club/yoga studio/fencing lessons (maybe?) and cell phone, and other perks.
What you'll do:
- Conceptualize and collaborate on branding, ensuring product fit for various niches of influence/personas, and product ideation.
- Perform logo and branding design, graphic design for apparel, and graphic design for merchandise must all be second nature to you.
- Create sketches and mock-ups and work with partners to create prototype samples throughout the conceptual design process.
- Stay up on seasonal trends, silhouettes, fabric and color; present ideas to Product Director and other stakeholders. - - Create clear and detailed design concepts to hand off to Product Development.
- Create requests for physical sample production.
- Responsible for timeline adherence; ensure all deliverables are completed accurately and delivered on time, and all sample prototypes are available for product presentation and approval.
- Uphold design integrity and high-quality execution throughout the development process, from concept and prototyping, value engineering and salability.
- Collaborate regularly with partners on concept creation, sourcing, and product development.
- Assist with creation and web site placement of digital product- and storefront-related materials, including photography and illustrations.
- Keep up to date with the latest software and computer technologies, as well as the latest fashion and basic merchandise trends to remain competitive.
Required skills and experience:
- Proven experience with logo design, illustration, apparel design, package design, and merchandise design.
- Must be flexible with the ability to self-manage and handle multiple stylistically-dissimilar projects at once in a fun, fast-paced environment.
- Must thrive on collaboration, and effectively internalize constructive criticism, making design adjustments that will lead to the most salable products.
- Be able to objectively review and dynamically adjust your work based on consumer and partner feedback and data.
- Must possess strong creative abilities, a keen fashion sense and the ability to interpret trends.
- Ability to sketch both technical drawings and presentation renderings.
- Deep knowledge of fabric, printing techniques and materials.
- A professional portfolio that demonstrates creativity, originality through a professional portfolio that features your best designs
- Be able to think of new approaches for communicating ideas to consumers through your designs.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills and English grammar/spelling knowledge.
- Experience with web design is a major plus.