To enhance Tala’s ability to execute against our company’s strategic vision through analytical expertise, problem evaluation, resource prioritization to drive business execution. As a part of the Strategy and Analytics team, you will leverage our large, structured and unstructured datasets to help drive our business strategy forward.
Your projects could range from applying machine learning models to drive operational efficiencies to leveraging an in-depth understanding of the business to recommend how to invest valuable resources.
What You’ll Do:
- Empower squads to measure progress towards Tala’s performance goals: Assess whether strategic initiatives are in line with the company’s standards and objectives and stakeholders are aligned
- Expedite decision making through analytical frameworks: Develop analytical frameworks to support squads in business decision-making (build business case frameworks and ensure initiatives are positive ROI) help in answering tactical business questions without over-analyzing to get to consensus.
- Bridge the gap between data and business teams: Identify where we can leverage data and technical expertise (such as Business Intelligence and Data Science) to solve non-technical business problems, and lead the operationalization of the tools they develop
- Establish baseline metrics from key projects, apply methods to anticipate and evaluate A/B test results
- Improve data capture for analytics needs, including front end tracking requirements, and coordinate basic ETL and aggregate table development with the Business Intelligence Team.
- Support ad-hoc data and analytical needs of our country and product squads that fall outside the credit team’s mandate.
What You’ll Need:
- 1-2 years in a marketing, operations, finance or product-oriented analytics position at a high-growth company (or equivalent experience)
- Exceptional ability to communicate technical & analytical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Proficient in at least one analytics language (ex. Python, R)
- Proficiency with Excel and familiarity with Business Intelligence software (ex. Looker or Tableau)
- Intermediate in SQL, GitHub
- BA/BS in a quantitative field
- Nice to haves:
- Experience in emerging markets (either personally or in professional scope)
- Able to look beyond the immediate deliverable, find the real data problem, and solve for it
We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse team with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We focus on hiring talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Tala is the leading mobile technology and data science company committed to financial inclusion globally. Millions of people have borrowed through Tala's smartphone app, which provides instant, personalized credit to underserved customers in East Africa, Southeast Asia, and Latin America. Tala is backed by leading venture and impact investors including PayPal, Revolution Growth, IVP, and Lowercase Capital. Tala is headquartered in Santa Monica with additional offices in Nairobi, Manila, Dar Es Salaam, Mexico City, and Bangalore.