The Structuring Team at Inspire is responsible for forecasting the operational and financial performance of our portfolio of energy customers and developing the analyses necessary to understand that performance and communicate it throughout the organization. As a Senior Analyst, you will work with the Director of Structuring and cross functionally to build out and continuously refine the operating model. The role combines financial modeling, data analytics, data science, and commercial strategy.
THE SENIOR ANALYST HAS FIVE MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop new operating model features designed to improve the accuracy, flexibility, or speed of our forecasts
- Work with the Data Science team to train and validate new or updated machine learning models that are used as part of the forecasting process
- Work with the Analytics team to help develop the reporting required to understand the model’s outputs
- Work with the Pricing and Risk desks as well as the FP&A team to ensure alignment between the model and our operational and financial strategy.
- Present data-driven strategy recommendations to the executive team on a regular basis.
SOME YEAR 1 DELIVERABLES
- Build out enhancements to the current beta models (New Markets/Structures/Channels, Sensitivity Analyses, Scenario Planning, Bug Fixes, etc.)
- Work with the Structuring team to build new beta models (Natural Gas, VUE, Texas, Climate, etc.)
- Build out internal reporting upstream of analytics to help us validate and understand model outputs
- Contribute meaningfully to commercial and operational strategy discussion informed by modeled analyses
- The quantity and quality of improvements made to the model
- The incremental financial value of commercial recommendations
- The quality of documentation produced for model changes and strategies
- The degree to which the person can distill and present complex data to a senior level audience
- Relentlessly Curious: this is somehow who always wants to look one step deeper to understand something. They proactively search for understanding.
- Problem Solver: when faced with a challenge, they work the problem methodically to completion.
- Intellectual Integrity: They should always aim to deliver a solution that they can stand behind 100%, but they should also be the first to acknowledge when there is a flaw in their logic, reasoning, model, etc.
- Big Picture Thinker: With help and guidance, they can grasp the big picture and prioritize their work by what is most important to the business outcome we seek.
- Must Have
- Python & SQL working knowledge (minimum 2 years)
- Data analytics and reporting preferably at a high growth startup (minimum 3 years)
- Financial/Operational Forecasting and Modeling (minimum 3 years)
- Experience building new forecast models from scratch and contributing to existing models (minimum 2 years)
- Nice to Have
- Data Science background (machine learning models, advanced statistics, regression forecasting, conditional probability)
- Experience presenting analytic topics to C-Suite