Sr Programmatic Direct Specialist
Open X seeks a Sr Specialist, who will lead the implementation and optimization of OpenX cutting-edge Programmatic Direct solutions across our vast array of premium display, video, and mobile app publishers. The ideal candidate will act as an internal expert on Programmatic Direct and will consult the OpenX client-facing teams on strategies and best practices for monetizing our publisher’s digital advertising content. The Specialist will drive the adoption of Private Marketplace (PMP), Real-time Guaranteed (RTG), and other innovative Programmatic Direct Products.
As an analytical high-achiever, you thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. You are able to identify monetization growth opportunities and advise publishers on how to increase their programmatic direct revenue. You are able to execute business initiatives seamlessly to deliver, if not exceed, the financial objectives of partner relationships and OpenX.
- Serve as an internal expert working with Publisher Development to upsell PD platform
- On-board new publishers to OpenX Programmatic Direct Products, PMP and RTG
- Drive user-engagement and adoption with key supply-side partners
- Team with Partner Services to drive performance and yield of private marketplace deals: set up, optimize, audit, and deliver reports summarizing performance to internal stakeholders and publishers.
- Liaise with Publisher Account Managers and Advertising Operations Teams to package the publisher’s inventory for private marketplace.
- Advise Publishers on ideal publisher package structure and pricing as informed by publisher's previous experience with PMPs and direct sales, in addition to known industry best practices.
- Partner with demand teams on setting up, scaling and troubleshooting PMP deals.
- Collect competitive insights from supply and demand partners
- Collaborate with Agency Direct Team to educate ATDs, DSPs and marketers on supply-side programmatic direct solutions.
- Develop region (West and Japan) best practices for effective account management and operational support.
- Be the first point of escalation for all Programmatic Direct related supply-side (publisher) partner issues.
- Provide Product and Engineering Teams with feedback for the continued evolution of the OpenX Programmatic Direct Products and Tools.
- Attend client meetings with key publishers, programmatic media buyers and DSPs.
- Travel to OpenX offices in NY and Japan will be required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 3-5 years’ experience at an Advertising Exchange, Supply Side Platform (SSP) Demand Side Platform (DSP), Agency Trading Desk, online publisher, ad network, media agency, or similar company within the digital media ecosystem.
- Experience presenting to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Deep understanding of the online ad industry
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, including Vlookup and Pivot Tables
Bonus / Preferred Qualifications
- Knowledge of the RTB/programmatic ecosystem and private marketplaces
- Familiarity with header bidding and containers, such as prebid.js or Index
- Knowledge of the mobile app ecosystem
- Experience with ad servers, DSPs and similar tools.
- Programmatic Yield Management experience for a publisher, ad network or exchange.
- Experience working at or with an online publisher to segment inventory to meet buyers’ campaign needs. Potential backgrounds include publisher yield, publisher advertising operations, campaign management, media planning, publisher account management or agency media buying.
- Experience with SQL / database queries
- Experience working with Reporting & Analytics tools
- Analytical thinker capable of distilling insights for internal stakeholders
- Intellectually curious and creative problem solver
- Attention to detail; ability to consistently set and meet deadlines
- Ability to form strong partnerships with internal teams and clients
- Self-starter with ability to work independently
Our five company values form a solid bedrock serving to define us as a group and guide the company. Our values remind us that how we do things often matters as much as what we do.
We are one
One team. No exceptions. We are a group of strong and diverse individuals unified by a clear common purpose.
Our customers define us
We know our business flourishes or dies because of our customers.
OpenX is mine
We are all owners of OpenX. We stake our personal and professional reputations on the excellence of our work.
We are an open book
We are eager to teach and share what we know with others.
We evolve fast
We take risks and confront failure openly. We recognize and repeat success aggressively. We actively seek out and provide constructive criticism. Defensiveness is for weaklings!