Sr. Engineer, Data and Business Intelligence at LegalZoom
LegalZoom.com, Inc. is an online legal technology company. LegalZoom provides legal solutions in various common categories including copyrights, DBAs, business formation, trusts, wills, name changes, patents, power of attorney, pre-nuptial agreements, divorce, real estate leases, trademark registration. The company also provides a directory of attorneys as a certified attorney referral service and offers flat fee legal plans with member-reviewed attorneys.
Sr. Data and BI Engineer will create data, analytics and insight capabilities including managing enterprise data warehouse, developing ETL, creating reporting and dashboards. This candidate will work closely with business stakeholders to help identify reporting opportunities and architect solutions for data analysis of business information.
This position will provide overall technical solutions and design for agile Business Intelligence. Areas of responsibility include Data Analysis, Reporting and dashboards, Data acquisition, ETL design, development and implementation of large scale solutions and applications spanning Business, Financial, Operations, Cloud and other business areas of the company. Additional areas include leading technical discussions, code reviews, solution documentation and defining overall best practices and standards as related to data integration and reporting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement business intelligence solutions and insights to achieve reporting and data analysis goals coordinating with stakeholders and business analysts.
- Responsible for solution design, hands-on development, release management and implementation of data and business intelligence solutions and features on Snowflake and SQL Server data platform.
- Implement overall ETL/ELT architecture including key designs on integration standards such as loading, near real time/batch, CDC, data validation, parallelization and etc.
- Recommend and implement enhancements and modifications to optimize business intelligence and data governance processes.
- Coordinate with the business stakeholders to identify new data and reporting requirements, analysis strategies and reporting solutions.
- Implement data management activities including data dictionary, data lineage, master data management and data quality.
- Implement and assist in data preparation, data modelling and integration activities in enterprise data warehouse systems.
- Architect solutions based on specific project requirements, considering best practices and performance standards while promoting reusability.
- Solid hands-on knowledge of data integration methodologies and API platforms.
- Analyze issues, reverse engineer where needed to come up with solutions to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Work with management to align solutions and data integration with business strategy and objectives.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Masters of Science or related field.
- Candidate should possess 10+ years of overall IT experience.
- Candidate should possess 7+ years in a direct role as a senior data engineer, architect for ETL, Reporting and Enterprise Data Lake systems.
- Candidate should possess 5+ years - Data Modeling Experience to deliver both logical model & physical design for analytical systems.
- Solid hands-on experience with SQLs, Tableau and SSRS reporting tools.
- Must have technical understanding with tools and products used in data mart and data integration development, such as SQL Server, Snowflake.
- Broad exposure in the new techniques in agile Data Warehousing and Data Integration technologies.
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills: R, Python, SQL, Problem Solving, Performance tuning, and data validation.
- Very good understanding of data architecture in a cloud environment (AWS/Azure).
- Technical expertise in distributed system architecture, design, and development.
- Experience and exposure to MongoDB, MySQL, Cassandra, NoSQL environments a plus.
- Able to communicate effectively with all levels of management in a clear and professional manner; verbally and written, and possess superior people management and leadership skills.
- Strong decision-making and technical design skills
- Ability to multitask and comfortable working in a large organization across multiple teams.