Sr. Data Engineer at Metropolis
Metropolis is an AI and computer vision start-up building the technological and real estate infrastructure to facilitate the future of mobility.
This is your opportunity to join early and build something remarkable at the intersection of technology, mobility, and real estate. We are reimagining the parking experience today but developing an ecosystem to support all forms of mobility tomorrow; and if you have a passion for transforming the urban landscape to more intelligently facilitate EV charging, last mile transport, autonomous vehicles, and even electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL), please consider joining us.
The Company is led by an experienced executive team with diverse backgrounds, including a successful LA-based tech founder, a technical leader from eHarmony and DogVacay, and senior professionals from major global financial services firms and the world's leading mobility companies; our first-class engineering talent joins us from Facebook, Palantir, Bird, Factual, Honey, Canoo, and others.
We approach life with wonder and curiosity. We’re inventors, skeptics and, at times, have been called crazy. We challenge one another with passion, from principle and with respect. But above all, we are relentless in our drive to build a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive culture.
The company is seeking a highly motivated Sr. Data Engineer to join the data team to lead and scale data ingestion and processing. This role will be partnering closely with our engineering, analytics, and computer vision stakeholders to define, build, and maintain data pipelines and data lakes. As a senior member of this team, you will lead the technical implementation of our data systems, figuring out how best to scale and monitor data for both internal and external customers in a secure and performant fashion. We are on a mission to empower internal users to make data-backed business decisions quickly and intuitively.
When you join Metropolis, you’ll join a team of world-class product leaders and engineers, building an ecosystem of technologies at the intersection of parking, mobility, and real estate. Our goal is to build an inclusive culture where everyone has a voice and the best idea wins. You will play a key role in building and maintaining this culture as our organization grows.
- Develops and maintains scalable data pipelines and builds out new API integrations to support continuing increases in data volume and complexity
- Implements processes and systems to monitor data quality, ensuring production data is always accurate and available for key stakeholders and business processes that depend on it
- Collaborates with Analytics, BI, ML, and business teams to improve data models that feed business intelligence & computer vision tools, increasing data accessibility and fostering data-driven decision making across the organization
- Writes unit/integration tests, contributes to engineering wiki, and documents work
- Keeps up with the latest technology trends and strategically evaluates open source and vendor tools
Requirements and Qualifications
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in delivering large scale big data pipelines in an always-up, always-available service
- Advocate of Agile Software Development methodologies
- Proven desire for documentation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of customer service
- 5 years experience with Scala, Python, or Java (Scala preferred)
- 3 years experience with AWS Kinesis, Apache Kafka, Apache Flink, or other similar technologies
- 3 years experience building data lakes including data governance and data lineage
- Experience working with workflow management tools (Airflow, Luigi, etc..)
- Strong skills with SQL, data modeling, dimensional modeling, and query performance optimizations
- Relational/Columnar/MPP/NoSQL database knowledge required (Presto, Redshift, Snowflake, DynamoDB, PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Willingness to learn and teach
- Attractive compensation and generous benefits package (100% Medical, 50% Vision and 50% Dental)
- Company 401(k) match up to 6% of salary
- Paid company snacks and after-hour meals
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Gym reimbursement program
- 529 savings plan
- Commuter benefits