Sr. Data Engineer at GoodRx
- Manage data warehouse plans for product and marketing teams
- Work closely with product managers to understand the data needs of product and marketing
- Act as internal expert in each of the data sources so that you can own overall data quality
- Design, build and deploy new data models and ETL pipelines into production
- Experience contributing to full lifecycle deployments with a focus on testing and quality
- Define and manage overall schedule and availability for all data sets
- Work closely with other engineers to enhance infrastructure, improve reliability and efficiency
- Make smart engineering and product decisions based on data analysis and collaboration
- Act as in house data expert and make recommendations regarding standards for code quality and timeliness
- Architectural understanding of Hadoop (HDFS/MapReduce) distributed computing system.
- Good knowledge of Apache Hive, Pig, and Spark etc.
- Experience in architecting cloud-based data infrastructure solutions.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Degree in Computer Science or a related field or a minimum of 3 year’s working as a Data Engineer
- 2+ years professional experience in the data warehouse space
- Expert Proficiency with Python and AWS Services (e.g. Redshift, S3)
- 2+ years’ experience in custom ETL design, implementation and maintenance
- In depth knowledge of how to write and optimize SQL statements.
- Deep familiarity with distributed processing (Map Reduce, MPP, etc.)
- 2+ years’ experience with schema design (logical and physical)
- Ability to quickly learn complex domains
- Innately curious and organized with the drive to analyze data to identify deliverables, anomalies and gaps and propose solutions to address these findings
- Ability to manage and communicate data warehouse plans
- Thrives in fast-paced startup environment