Metropolis is an AI and computer vision start-up building the technological and real estate infrastructure to facilitate the future of mobility.
This is your opportunity to join early and build something remarkable at the intersection of technology, mobility, and real estate. We are reimagining the parking experience today but developing an ecosystem to support all forms of mobility tomorrow; and if you have a passion for transforming the urban landscape to more intelligently facilitate EV charging, last mile transport, autonomous vehicles, and even electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL), please consider joining us.
The Company is led by an experienced executive team with diverse backgrounds, including a successful LA-based tech founder, a technical leader from eHarmony and DogVacay, and senior professionals from major global financial services firms and the world’s leading mobility companies; our first-class engineering talent joins us from Google, Palantir, Rubicon Project, Honey, Canoo, and others.
We approach life with wonder and curiosity. We’re inventors, skeptics and, at times, have been called crazy. We challenge one another with passion, from principle and with respect. But above all, we are relentless in our drive to build a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive culture.
The company is seeking a highly motivated Senior Data Analyst to join the data team, reporting to the Director of Analytics. As a key member of the team, you will be a primary driver of delivering insights that will educate and influence business decision-making across product, operations, and business development. You’ll develop metrics and visualizations that help move us towards success and partner with data and analytics engineers to scale access to them across both internal and external stakeholders. You’ll work closely with product and engineering to measure the success of new features, and dig into usage to make recommendations about how to iterate to improve performance.
- Extract actionable insights from data and tell clear, concise, and compelling stories to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Define novel and critical metrics for the business, and partner with data and analytics engineering to build and maintain data sources to power these metrics
- Effortlessly manipulate large amounts of noisy data to answer new questions for the team and the business
- Contribute to the evolution of our data warehouse, which we’re investing in building out
- Work closely with internal teams (i.e. engineering, product) to keep on top of upstream changes and how they impact our data models so we can fold those in to enrich the available reporting
- Create complex SQL queries and perform ad hoc and exploratory data analysis to describe the impact of new features and answer questions from both internal and external customers
- Develop reporting in Tableau to provide self-serve access to business end users
Requirements and Qualifications
- Experience matching data analyses to visualizations and leveraging data to tell compelling stories that motivate action
- Extensive experience manipulating and analyzing complex data with SQL
- Adept at managing concurrent analytics projects, assessing the impact of competing needs, and prioritizing work independently
- Comfortable sharing iterations of your work early to calibrate your assumptions and methods with your audience
- Experience working with business stakeholders to understand problems and engineers to understand data sources
- Demonstrated capability leveraging Tableau to create data visualizations and reports for business users
- Knowledge of Python a plus
- Attractive compensation and generous benefits package (100% Medical, 50% Vision and 50% Dental)
- Company 401(k) match up to 6% of salary
- Paid company snacks and after-hour meals
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Gym reimbursement program
- 529 savings plan
- Commuter benefits