Sr. Business Analyst (Subscriptions)
Ring’s Subscription team is responsible for managing and building out the Ring Protect plans and technology which powers our subscription platform. As an Analyst on the subscriptions team, you will be the data owner responsible for defining KPIs, building analyses and reports, and providing metrics that the team will use to make informed and data-driven business decisions. This role interfaces with a variety of stakeholders ranging from product managers, software and data engineers, and finance and marketing teams. Beyond data reporting and analytics, you will also help expand the amount of data-points we have available to better manage and track the performance of Ring’s subscription business. This role is instrumental in helping to scale one the company’s fastest-growing business segments.
- Enable decision-making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources to present it in a digestible and actionable format
- Analyze large data sets using a variety of database query and visualization tools
- Provide technical expertise in extracting, integrating, and analyzing critical data
- Deep-dive to find the root cause behind variances of key parameters and indicators
- Perform ongoing monitoring, automation and refinement of existing reports and data solutions
- Perform analysis to identify and understand issues or events. Reconcile and validate data from multiple sources and drive resolution.
- Bachelor Degree in Data Science, Information Systems, Computer Science, Economics, Mathematics or similar
- 3+ years of experience as a Business/Financial Analyst, BI Engineer or Data Analyst preferably with exposure to large complex data sources
- Proficient in SQL and Microsoft Excel
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills and an ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, develop business cases, and complete root cause analyses
- Quick learner with a strong data-driven and quantitative focus when solving problems
- Knowledge of fundamental relational database technology and terminology
- Proficient in converting large datasets into actionable business insights
- Experience using business intelligence reporting and visualization tools such as Tableau, Looker, Cognos, Domo, or others
- Experience in payments, billing and subscriptions
- Experience with analytical software (Python, R) and solid grasp of common statistical methods and applications (A/B testing, probability, regression)
- Experience working with databases such as AWS Redshift
- Advanced understanding of data analysis and visualization techniques
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, web analytics, and funnel conversion concepts
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods and empower consumers by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of smart home security products: Ring Video Doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell Pro, Ring Stick Up Cam and the new Ring Floodlight Cam. With these security devices, Ring has created the neighborhood watch for the digital age and continues to keep homes around the world safe. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Read Full Job Description