Sr. Analyst, Business Analytics
As a Sr. Analyst, Business Analytics at Inspire you will be a high-impact, analytical leader on our growing team. You will collect, study, and analyze business data to derive insights and distribute valuable information to the business at scale. We’re looking for hands-on, highly analytical candidates who can solve for challenging business opportunities using powerful data-driven techniques. If you’ve got a passion for analytics and working alongside fellow Avengers towards a brighter energy future, Inspire is where you can be a part of our world-class teams that crush our goals, live our values and accelerate our mission.
THE SR. ANALYST, BUSINESS ANALYTICS HAS FIVE MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Data Analytics: Collect, monitor and derive insights from various sources of raw data to improve business performance using SQL, Excel, and other data tools like Python or R
- Reporting: Develop scalable, automated dashboards in Tableau based on defined business KPIs to enable self-serve reporting capabilities and monitoring
- Strategic Analysis: Provide data-driven strategic recommendations to the business; predictive and data science capabilities will add horsepower here
- Testing and Optimization: Provide read outs and recommendations on sale conversion and customer engagement tests to optimize for key business outcomes utilizing statistical methods to validate results
- Data Management: Establish and maintain single source of truth data sets using SQL/DBT in development of the enterprise reporting data model
SOME EXPECTED 2019 DELIVERABLES
- Provide recurring analysis and data-driven recommendations to the sales, product, and marketing teams on driving persistent customer experiences across the customer lifecycle
- Develop Tableau dashboards on the overall customer and product experience, with a focus on driving towards product engagement, customer tenure, and LTV goals
- Establish and maintain single source of truth data sets on product and customer engagement
- Deliver a scalable tracking framework for collecting data and reporting on key drivers of sale conversion, customer engagement, and retention
- Provide timely business data support across all areas of the business
- Define and document business KPIs for distribution across all departments
- Goal attainment within your assigned organizations
- Practical Expertise - indexes highly as a strong individual contributor with expertise in customer/product engagement, optimization, and strategic analysis with a passion for hypothesis testing
- Analytical - understands how to leverage data and analysis techniques to solve problems and identify root causes for determining or prescribing business outcomes
- Strategic - knows how various areas of the business relate to one another and can identify the biggest levers to push or pull
- Influential - can tell a highly comprehensive, detailed, data-driven story across a wide audience with a focus on driving key results
- Leadership - brings expertise on analytics best practices and can demonstrate these skills to share with the team
- Must Have
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in a quantitative or technical major
- 3+ years of experience in a business, data, or advanced analytics role
- Ability to work effectively across stakeholders and teams to provide analytical solutions
- Strong attention to detail and communications skills
- Team oriented with a high level of intellectual curiosity
- Hands-on work experience with Excel, SQL or other analysis tool
- Nice to Have
- Work experience in Tableau, Python, R or other statistical tools
- Practical data engineering experience
- Experience in price testing, UX testing, and conversion optimization
- Industry experience in energy, energy management, smart home, mobile app or other IoT device engagement
- Data science capabilities
- Strong project management skills
Disrupting the one-size-fits-all utility model, Inspire’s groundbreaking smart home subscription seamlessly combines personalized clean energy plans with best-in-class smart devices. Using the Inspire app, members can self drive their smart homes from anywhere, and select automated settings to use less energy while earning rewards. Inspire strives to make every home a smart home, powered by clean energy. Inspire’s mission is to drive forward a brighter energy future by simplifying consumer adoption of clean energy and smart home technologies.
Through continual innovation and scaling of connected device interoperability; clean energy supply, generation and storage; and intelligent, decentralized grid services, Inspire is building the world’s first fully-integrated clean energy company.
Launched in January 2014, Inspire homes have used the clean power production equivalent of 121 wind turbines since inception. Driven by a team of mission-driven Avengers in Philadelphia and Santa Monica,, Inspire prides itself on a culture of ownership, teamwork and stalwart obsession with “crushing it!”
CULTURE & PERKS
- Inspire’s culture balances the serious nature and tone of a professional company with the move-fast-and-execute tone of a rapidly growing emerging tech company. We believe in working hard and producing, but doing it in a positive and friendly environment where collaboration is rampant. Inspire calls its employees Avengers. It’s a team out to even the score on behalf of the common man, to challenge the status quo and confront apathy and old-world bureaucracy.
- Every Avenger lives for the mission: To build the world’s most customer-focused clean power platform and inspire a connected moment towards a brighter energy future. Avengers are scrappy, restless, humble and committed to balancing passion with purpose and profit.
- Inspire offers competitive compensation and equity packages, plus benefits such as health, vision, life, and dental insurance - Not to mention, unlimited vacation, 401(k) plan, and LOTS of cupcakes!