Signal Processing AI/ML Engineer at The Aerospace Corporation
In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.
The Communication Software Implementation Department (CSID) is seeking applicants who are interested in developing next-gen radios. Our work combines the technical disciplines of signal processing, electrical engineering, computer science, data science, and machine learning. We perform proof-of-concept studies, implement new algorithms, and build hardware prototypes to bring our radio systems beyond simulation and into the real world. We design non-traditional transceivers using machine learning for classification, regression, reinforcement learning, and unsupervised clustering. We also serve as subject matter experts and provide technical advice to our customers on signal applications such as satellites, ground stations, handheld radios, GPS receivers, UAVs/drones, and launch vehicles.
- Design, build, test, and demonstrate software/hardware prototypes for intelligent, cognitive radios
- Use software-defined radio and machine learning frameworks to develop software for both individual and large team codebases, using best practices for code understandability
- Pitch ideas for new research and development projects
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously, both independently and in small teams
- Adapt to changing industry trends and explore new concepts outside your comfort zone
- Participate in project planning and budgeting. Deliver tech demos and briefings to internal stakeholders and occasionally to external customers.
- Degree from an accredited university in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Data Science, or another related discipline
- At least 1 year of industry experience and/or years pursuing an advanced degree related to digital signal processing or machine learning
- Proficiency in one or more of the following languages: Python, C++, Golang, Rust, Swift
- Working knowledge of any machine learning library such as TensorFlow, Keras, scikit-learn, PyTorch.
- Must be an active software developer and be able to pass a coding interview
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to obtain a security clearance issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance
- Current and active security clearance.
- Experience with GNU Radio