About the Opportunity:
ReachLocal provides small businesses across the world with digital marketing services. These services range from paid search advertising to digital marketing analytics.
As a Senior Web Analyst, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining reports and analytics supporting the ReachSites website product and platform that generates thousands of web and mobile sites for our local clients. You will need to able to grasp both performance and operational data, and have the ability to translate them into actionable metrics and analytics across our platform. You will participate in all multiple areas of reporting: from consumer usage of client’s websites, to operational and support monitoring, to strategic insights and analysis. You will work collaboratively with other team members, overseeing all analytics and reporting aspects of the site process.
You will synthesize data and information, and collaborate with product, operations, and internal stakeholders to help shape key metrics and strategic initiatives. You will work closely with product management, and the engineering team to ensure the analytics and reporting developed helps drive products/features.
You will have a rare career opportunity to develop a deep understanding of our products, customers, and competitors and help create innovative customer experiences that help thousands of SMBs worldwide manage their marketing efforts quickly and effectively.
About Your Responsibilities:
• Perform thorough and detailed statistical analysis of data and information surrounding website metrics and performance.
• Interface with relevant stakeholders to gather and document detailed analytic products creating reports, and measuring various business models.
• Evaluate and research technologies, software products, and vendors to recommend future enhancements to our analytics platforms.
• Participate in optimization testing of websites and functionality, including A/B and multivariate testing.
• Work with Product on strategic initiatives providing actionable data, and detailed analysis.
• Work with UX to design new reports (or enhancements to existing reports.)
• Create/Update product documentation.
• Serve as the support contact for website analytics and metrics.
• Manage other analytics tasks as assigned.
- • At least 3-5 years of analytics/BI and product management experience working alongside Agile development teams.
• In-depth understanding of website metrics and KPIs, including detailed knowledge of Google Analytics, and other web analytics packages.
• Knowledge of other disciplines, and how they consume data, and metrics. (Sales, Product, Operations, etc.)
• Advanced MSFT Excel skills required, including pivot tables and statistical analysis tools. Knowledge of SQL a big plus.
• Knowledge of BI and reporting software such as Tableau a plus.
• Previous experience in designing, maintaining, and analyzing web metrics.
• Ability to synthesize large amounts of data from multiple sources into meaningful metrics and information.
• Ability to use data-driven and analytical approach to decision making.
• Familiarity with Agile methodologies and Jira.
• Bachelor’s Degree or related field experience required.
• Strong communication skills to listen, engage, and present to numerous stakeholders including Product, Sales, Service, and Engineering teams.
Are you looking for a company that values innovation, passion, and a healthy work/life balance? A job where you feel supported and appreciated? At ReachLocal, we know our employees drive success, and we strive to create a thriving company culture where you’ll enjoy coming to work every day.
Here, you can walk through the halls and bump into our CEO, catch an inter-office ping pong tournament, or support a local cause with your fellow employees. Are you ready to join a company where you can have fun and work with some of brightest people in digital marketing?
Our mission is to help local businesses all over the world reach more local customers online. As a leader in powering online marketing for local businesses, ReachLocal has been recognized for outstanding products and exceptional employees, having won Google’s Quality Account Champion in North America and Google’s Innovation Champion Award in Canada. Our CEO, Sharon Rowlands, has won countless awards, most recently the Gold Stevie Award for Female Executive of the Year in the 13th Annual Stevie Awards for Women in Business.
ReachLocal is headquartered in Woodland Hills, CA, with over 60 locations throughout the United States, Canada, Germany, the Netherlands, Japan, Australia, and Brazil.
We invite you to learn more about us, connect with us, and grow with us here:
• Career Site: http://careers.reachlocal.com
• Blog: http://blog.reachlocal.com/
• LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/reachlocal
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/reachlocaljobs
• Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/reachlocal
• Hear from our employees: http://blog.reachlocal.com/reachlocal-services-spotlight-meet-some-of-our-marketing-experts
ReachLocal is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee.