Senior Vice-President of Corporate Strategy
Senior Vice-President of Corporate Strategy
Boingo is a thriving business built on sound fundamentals. We acquire long-term wireless rights at large-scale venues, build networks at those venues, and then monetize the networks with a variety of products and services.
We’re looking for our first SVP of Strategy to ensure we continue to grow, and that we’re well-positioned to take advantage of expansion in our industry. As our SVP, M&A, and Corporate Strategy, you will report to our CEO, working together to develop and implement overall corporate strategy, including inorganic growth through M&A activity and strategic partnerships - creating new revenue streams, businesses and business models that contribute to profitable growth.
As a newly created role at an award-winning company, this is an amazing opportunity in an industry experiencing ever-growing demand and exciting technical innovations - 5G, Wi-Fi6, IoT, and CBRS. The challenge in this role won’t be create opportunities, but to analyze a broad range of options, and to define the best strategic path from among several possibilities. The SVP of Strategy will partner with the Boingo management team to prioritize options, determine which opportunities will drive the greatest results for the company, and manage the company-wide view of major initiatives, effectively communicating their impact to the organization
Boingo fosters a culture of transparency, open debate and an all-in dedication to success.
Note: We have one opening for Sr. VP of Strategy. We've posted the same job in multiple locations. Our SVP will be in Los Angeles quite often, but may be based from a home office elsewhere in the US.
- The primary responsibility is to lead the development of the company’s long-term strategic direction.
- Identify growth opportunities, developing strategic business plans and road maps for growth partnerships, acquisitions, new products, services, expansion.
- Understand Boingo’s existing assets and what opportunities might expand or complement the business.
- Build market models to estimate future trends in core and adjacent markets.
- Create charter and build internal team to execute on opportunities.
- Drive global strategy development and planning across Boingo Wireless business lines, collaborating with business leaders.
- Investigate value propositions associated with product or corporate acquisitions, introducing new products to markets, and expanding into new markets.
- Structure analyses and strategies and articulate findings to wide range of business stakeholders, including senior leadership throughout the organization. Ensure all corporate development efforts are in alignment with the strategic direction of the company.
- Successful track record leading the evaluation of expansion in existing and new segments, including market entry options for new businesses, go-to-market strategy for new product offerings, and build-buy-partner assessments.
- 10+ years of progressive strategic leadership, with a proven background successfully leading teams in strategy planning and development.
- Experience setting a pragmatic strategy in the context of trends in wireless, cellular, and adjacent markets, including 5G, CBRS, Wi-Fi 6, and IoT.
- Strong understanding of strategic-planning methodology and tools: Vision/Mission development, five forces analysis, SWOT, execution capability assessment, measurement and goal establishment, and monitoring.
- Experience setting acquisition criteria, performing valuation analysis, and due diligence.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to develop rapport and credibility across the organization, promote ideas and proposals persuasively, including the ability to challenge the status quo and/or institutionalized beliefs respectfully.
- Experience managing relationships with key leaders and project stakeholders throughout organization; effectively navigating processes; influencing and reaching consensus with or without formal authority or people-management responsibilities.
- Skilled at turning data analysis into actionable insights with recommendations to inform decision making.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with very little supervision, and against vaguely defined objectives.
- MBA a plus.
Boingo Wireless, Inc. (NASDAQ: WIFI) helps the world stay connected. Our vast footprint of Wi-Fi and cellular networks reaches more than a billion consumers annually. From airports and stadiums to universities and military bases, Boingo helps folks stay connected to the people and things they love.
Our team is creative, collaborative, and on the cutting edge of technology. (You can check out some of the awards we’ve won here). But there’s no doubt the “secret sauce” to Boingo’s success is our incredible team and culture. We take pride in having fun and staying healthy – think summer picnics, bowling nights, in-house yoga classes, costume contests, massages and food trucks. There’s also a kitchen stocked with yummy snacks and drinks, and an incredible benefits package including equity, health, dental, vision, 401(k) match, unlimited vacation, 12 weeks paid parental leave, and more! Plus our award-winning headquarters in Westwood boasts 360-degree views of LA, from Catalina to the Hollywood Sign. It’s no wonder we’ve been named among the Best Places to Work in LA for the fourth year in a row!
Boingo is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.