Senior Software Engineer, Data
Tinder brings people together. With tens of millions of users, hundreds of millions of downloads, 2 billion swipes per day, 20 million matches per day and a presence in every country on earth, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing.
Data influences all of the decisions we make at Tinder! As a Senior Software Engineer in Data, you will architect and build meaningful data pipelines at massive scale that provide near real-time and offline data used to derive insights into user behavior and application performance. You are passionate about empowering others to build scalable, data-driven applications to fully engage with data and you will play an integral role in crafting and implementing a self-service solution on top of existing infrastructure that will allow stakeholders to capture, analyze and visualize data at their own pace and convenience. This is a highly cross-functional role that gives you the freedom and responsibility to have a meaningful impact on user happiness and company growth.
We would love to talk to you if you are interested in helping Tinder become truly data-driven and it continues to grow and expand its global reach.
This is a full-time position based in our offices in West Hollywood, Palo Alto, or San Francisco, CA.What You'll Do:
- Support and improve existing data pipelines and systems
- Maintain and evolve dimensional data models and schema designs to improve performance efficiency
- Improve and operate existing config-based Spark-based streaming applications in production and add tooling, monitoring, and data verification automation
- Design and develop APIs for streaming and batch processes that are highly available, scalable, and reliable
- Work with engineering, analytics, and product partners to define data ingestion standard methodologies
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 4+ years of programming experience in Scala/Java
- Minimum of 4 years of experience building and maintaining large scale analytics systems and scaling streaming systems in production
- Deep hands-on recent experience with streaming platforms - Apache Kafka/Spark/Flink
- Strong understanding of architecting, developing, and maintaining cloud technologies - (especially in Amazon Web Services)
- Bonus points for strong machine learning or stats knowledge
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity in the workforce. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally recognized basis, including, but not limited to; race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.