At SimplePractice, we’re changing the face of health and wellness through innovative solutions that simplify the life of health and wellness practitioners. Think your neighborhood therapist, nutritionist, speech language pathologist, or massage therapist—the small business owners who dedicate their careers to helping others. Our solution provides them with an all-in-one platform to manage their practice and with the tools and resources to thrive as a practitioner and business owner. Our recent launch of Monarch (MeetMonarch.com)—a national directory with thousands of therapists offering online appointment requests—offers an easy way for consumers to access and book a therapist who meets their criteria.
We are seeking an experienced Sr. Research Manager to lead customer-focused primary research projects. Reporting directly to the VP of Product Marketing and Monetization, you will work closely with Product, Marketing and Customer success teams, always making sure to represent the voice of our customers. You will on-board and guide research agencies as needed and continuously stay abreast of customer behavior and trends in our industry including category, competitive, pricing and brand. You will own the customer research roadmap and uncover insights that directly impact critical business priorities. This is an exciting and unique opportunity to shape and develop the market research function within a high growth, customer-obsessed organization!
- Lead strategic research using primary, secondary and syndicated data sources.
- Set research goals and objectives, write surveys, create strong sampling and weighting schemes, analyze results and present recommendations to leadership.
- Translate complex data sets into a clear and compelling written narrative.
- Answer the ‘so what?’ from the research projects and help shape strategy.
- Accurately represent, and advocate for, our customers in all analysis and meetings.
- Manage key tactical day-to-day studies as well as larger strategic research initiatives (TAM, audience segmentations, personas, pricing studies, messaging, etc.)
- Establish processes and innovate on and simplify existing procedures
- Connect the dots between different data sources including research and data to craft a story
Desired Skills & Experience
- 6+ years of marketing research
- Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements
- Experience using Microsoft Excel to manipulate and analyze data
- Experience presenting metrics and progress to goal to senior leadership
- Experience using standard quantitative tools (e.g. Qualtrics) to conduct studies
- Experience leading primary research studies across various methodologies: online quant surveys, focus groups, 1:1, ethnographies, online qual, NPS
- Third party vendor/research partner management contract negotiation experience
- Experience on the research vendor side or within the research group of a SAAS, SMB or consumer brand
- Ability to create new methodologies and processes to help inform development and production
- Experience with various statistical techniques (regression analysis, coefficient correlation)
California Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at SimplePractice LLC (“SimplePractice” or “us” or “we” or “our”). Please note that when you submit your resume or application materials to us for employment purposes, we may collect the following categories of personal information about you:
- Identifiers (e.g., name, address, email address, and phone number); protected characteristics (e.g., sex, gender, age, citizenship, disability status, and veteran status); professional or employment-related information (e.g., employment history, educational background, certificates and licenses, work eligibility information and other information obtained from your resume, cover letter, your responses to our application questions, background check forms, and your references); other personal records (e.g., signature, photograph, and criminal background information); and inferences drawn from personal information collected (e.g., creating a profile that reflects your abilities and aptitudes).
We collect the above categories of personal information for the following business purposes:
- To perform recruitment and hiring services; to manage the workforce; to comply with federal and state laws, and to maintain security (e.g., to detect and prevent against security risks and incidents, to prevent against fraudulent or illegal activity, and to ensure compliance with our company policies and procedures).