As an Operations Analyst, you will play a key role within the organization by using a data-driven approach to make strategic recommendations and drive understanding of our fast-growing business. You will be a key member of the team that Sales looks to for insights and strategic direction. In this role, you will also provide analytical support to key special projects ranging from reporting and execution of new processes, the rollout of new platforms, and support key strategic business objectives.
You are a self-starter, independent thinker, deeply analytical and detailed-oriented, and capable of working in a structured manner to thrive in ambiguity. You have a tendency to roll up your sleeves, slice and dice massive sets of information, and build solutions to problems that have not been taken on yet. Supporting and developing a data-driven Sales organization is second nature to you.
The impact you'll make:
- Live and breathe data to create insights that drive operational efficiency and business results
- You are highly proactive in creating new lenses to examine the business to effectively and quickly drive initiatives and data-driven strategies across the organization
- Bring rigor and visibility to key business drivers and metrics through development of dashboards and visualizations
- Take advantage of massive amounts of data to understand how our customers interact with our product and service offerings
- Develop and build key revenue and sales pipeline metrics
- Present strategic insights and recommendations to senior management and cross-functional stakeholders
- Perform advanced analysis activities, including defining, measuring and communicating core operational goals
- Minimum 2 years experience analyzing data and driving actionable results
- Fluent in SQL or any other database querying language
- Experience working within a sales operations function is a plus
- Prior startup or tech world experience is a big plus
- Analytical thinker and structured problem solver
- Strong background researching and manipulating complex and large data sets
- Strong working knowledge and skills in spreadsheet and presentation software
- Experience with data visualization tools (Chartio, Tableau, etc)
- Comfort working in ambiguity with a focus towards fast execution and iteration
- BA/BS degree or equivalent with specialization in marketing, finance, business, MIS, or related field of study
- Bonus: Knowledge of complex analytical packages including, but not limited to, R, SPSS, Stata, and SAS
- 100% employee covered Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits AND 80% dependent covered Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: 100% match on the first 1%. 50% match from 2-6% of employee contributions
- 3 weeks PTO (accrued) and 5 sick days (immediate)
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits: accident insurance, short and long term disability, flexible spending accounts, life Insurance, critical illness insurance
- Basic Life/AD&D (Accidental Death and Dismemberment)
- 11 company holidays
- Catered lunch and snacks provided while working in the office
- Monthly snack boxes sent straight to your doorstep as we work remotely
- Casual work environment, read no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Corporate events
- All the equipment that you need to get your work done
Founded in 2008, Weedmaps is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry. Our suite of cloud-based software and data solutions includes point of sale, logistics and ordering solutions that enable customers to scale their businesses while complying with the complex and disparate regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. In addition, our platform provides consumers with information regarding cannabis products across web and mobile platforms, including listing local retailers and brands, facilitating product discovery and allowing consumers to educate themselves on cannabis and its history, uses and legal status. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Weedmaps employs more than 400 professionals around the world, with offices including Barcelona, Berlin, Boston, Denver, New York, Phoenix and Toronto.
So what are you waiting for? Join the Weedmaps family!