Senior Market and Business Intelligence Analyst at The Aerospace Corporation
In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.
The Economic and Market Analysis Center department is looking for a Market and Business Intelligence Analyst. EMAC Department supports our customers by providing insight into economic factors, government policies, and commercial forecasts that impact the acquisition of space systems. The center merges the extensive technical expertise that has made The Aerospace Corporation a national resource with market research, business, and economic analysis.
- Spearheads development of business intelligence analysis, tools, and products for government customers. Projects may include building and streamlining economic, market, business, and financial analysis tools, developing products to rapidly identify, and disseminate “alerts” of significant business events to US Government leadership responsible for acquiring current and future systems.
- Leads interdisciplinary team in ongoing research or technical programs and coordinate interfaces with customer and/or Aerospace program offices.
- Provides strategy, business and economic advice to senior Aerospace, customer, and possibly contractor leadership
- Educates customer, and enables integrating business intelligence and analytics into their acquisition processes and strategic program planning
- Supports multiple programs and/or activities and frequently act as point-of-contact for technical activities
- Interact with Government and contractor representatives to bring key aspects of technology, engineering design, business, economic analysis, and market research to bear on acquisition planning support and national industrial base policy
Performance standards to be successful in this position include:
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must work well in a team environment
- Must possess strong organizational, time management and project management skills
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to adapt to changing organizational needs
- Effective interpersonal skills to coordinate efforts and work with other internal and external organizations
- Demonstrates behavior that is consistent with the company’s values of Dedication to Mission Success, Technical Excellence, Commitment to Our People, Integrity and Objectivity
- Bachelor’s degree required in business or STEM-related fields.
- Minimum of 12 years applicable experience working with Wall Street or defense / national security space industry stakeholders
- Demonstrated strengths in several of the following: technology forecasting and road-mapping, financial and market analysis, econometrics, business case or business plan analysis, and industrial base/benchmarking analysis
- General knowledge of design engineering processes, manufacturing and procurement practices as related to understanding industry strategic planning and viability
- Strong interpersonal, communication skills (written and oral), leadership and problem-solving abilities as well as the ability to present to senior management
- Must be a team player and possess the ability to work with multidisciplinary and cross-organizational teams of contractor, FFRDC, and government personnel with flexibility and versatility
- Ability to obtain a security clearance issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance
- Graduate business/investment degree or equivalent experience/certification
- Familiarity with companies supporting aerospace/defense industrial base
- Current Top Secret clearance with SSBI
- Familiarity with Aerospace Corporation’s customers and working in a classified environment
Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide all the details of our industry-leading benefits and career development opportunities. A few highlights include:
- A work environment built on teamwork, flexibility and respect
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career, as well as tuition reimbursement
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family
- Flextime and virtual work options (if applicable)
- 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match, regardless of whether you contribute
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Flexible spending accounts
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other—the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you’re an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at [email protected]. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.