Senior Manager, Research & Insights - Innovation at LegalZoom
| Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:02 a.m. (PST) on Thursday, October 14, 2021
Senior Manager, Research & Insights - Innovation
We're here to make legal help accessible to all. LegalZoom transformed the legal industry with the launch of our online services and groundbreaking technology in 2001. Since then, millions of customers have counted on us to officially start and run businesses, protect brands and intellectual property, and look after loved ones through wills and trusts.
As the industry leader for over 20 years, innovation remains at the center of all we do. We're creative thinkers and problem solvers with a passion for building legal and tax products that make a positive impact on the world, and we're always looking for exceptional people to push us further. With us, you'll do work that's as rewarding as it is challenging with a team where every voice matters and diversity, equality, and inclusion are truly embraced. Together, we'll continue to democratize law and make a real difference in the lives of millions.
As the Senior Manager dedicated to Innovation and Competitive Research & Insights , you will help drive LegalZoom's growth by leading and uncovering consumers insights to guide the innovation strategy at LegalZoom and increase our competitive IQ. This work includes the design and execution of research projects to optimize and innovate LegalZoom's portfolio of services, in addition to other competitive insights to help LegalZoom become a stronger insights-led company. You will collaborate with cross-functional departments to design, execute, and deliver key strategic projects to drive growth of our services and customer base. You are curious, strategic, analytical, and detail-oriented with strong communication, relationship building and project management skills. As an accomplished insights manager, you have experience partnering with large cross-functional teams to bring products/services to life. You pride yourself in thinking like our consumers and you have a track record for building strong relationships and delivering insights-driven, actionable recommendations that produce the right business strategies.
- Establish strong business relationships with cross-functional teams to develop insights-led business strategies
- Influence through interaction with various levels and functions within the organization
- Own the end-to-end execution of market research projects, enabling the development of products and services that help consumers, building long-term relationships with LegalZoom
- Define market research priorities and proactively address key business decisions
- Create a foundation of knowledge through optimization and innovation of our portfolio (pricing, bundles, subscriptions, UX / UI, partnerships), competitive intelligence, etc. that will drive decision making
- Build strong relationships with external research partners and determine appropriate methodology and when to execute projects in-house vs. through external partnerships
- Conduct primary research, both qualitative and quantitative
- Work with Marketing, Product Management, UX/Creative, Sales, Customer Care, PR, Engineering, Legal, Business Development to ensure a great customer experience has the customer at the center of every decision
Skills and Experience
- 8+ years of consumer insights/market research experience. Mix of experience on vendor and client sides a plus
- Experience leading research projects related to innovation, optimization, competitive intelligence, trackers, and other related projects
- Strong analytical skills, comfort with triangulating and interpreting data, and dealing with conflicting or ambiguous data points
- Excellent planning and project management skills
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and attention to detail, comfortable presenting to executives and partners
- Experience influencing business strategy, design and development timelines and research roadmaps
- Ability to identify and apply the right research approach, with a mix of primary and secondary research techniques, both in-house and through external partners
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA or higher degree preferred
Join us in making a difference as we build our future and help ensure access to professional legal advice to all! LegalZoom is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to diversity.
Read Full Job Description