Seniority Level: Senior
Location: Long Beach, CA or US Remote (in select states)
About the role and about You:
You will build and lead a team of data engineers to architect, design and help build our Data Platform that allows the entire company to work with data. You and the team will own the process of defining, crafting and implementing the end-to-end data pipelines including data ingestion, rationalization, transformation, storage and query, in the context of both conventional and big data technologies.
You will also work closely with data analysts and data scientists to provide the company with data that helps grow our business, retain our users, build a better product and drive decision making. We are looking for someone comfortable in this highly collaborative environment and being an agent of change to help build a world-class experience for our customers. As a Senior Data Engineering Manager, you will report directly to the VP of Data Platform and be expected to help manage the career of engineers on your team and help the company make sound technical decisions while implementing world class software. Leadership capabilities, cross-functionally collaboration, timely feedback for individuals, understanding of alignment and accountability, and growth-mindset are some of the proficiencies we look for in this role.
What you’ll do:
- Effectively hire, mentor and manage a diverse Data Engineering team with plans for growing to multiple teams.
- Design, build and launch data pipelines in production environments.
- Work with pioneering data technology stacks.
- Design, build and launch new data models in production.
- Work with data infrastructure to triage infra issues and drive to resolution.
- Design, build and launch new data extraction, transformation and loading processes in production.
- Have ownership, along with the team, regarding data technologies to be used, processes, and engineering decisions.
What we’re looking for:
- At least 5 years of experience as a people Manager
- BS in Computer Science or Relevant Technical Area. Alternatively, have 8+ years of experience as a Data Engineer
- Advanced Experience with Programing Languages such as Java, Python, Ruby or Scala.
- Advanced Experience with both Relational and NoSQL Databases
- Advanced knowledge in Computer Science, Data Structures, Algorithms, and overall Software Design
- Effective technical mentor to other engineers and enjoy doing it
- Experience with Test-Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Experience with Cloud Based Environments such as AWS
- Advanced knowledge in Linux
- Knowledge of shell programming tools
- Advanced Experience with Data Lakes
- Experience with Big Data technologies and solutions (Spark, Hadoop, Hive, MapReduce, Airflow, Kafka, Flink, Beam) and multiple scripting and languages (YAML, Python, Scala, Java).
- Experience with AWS services like EC2, S3, Aurora, RDS, Redshift, Kinesis, Lambda, Glue and others.
- Experience with data visualization models, data marts, BI data stores, and SQL query optimizations.
How to stand out among the rest:
Your resume/CV is enough to show off your skills, accomplishments, and experience. However, if you choose to include a cover letter introducing us to your awesome personality, we will read that too.
Of course, we are nothing without our values. Our values ground us. They ensure we run and build a company where people love to work, feel like they are welcomed, included, and belong. Only then can they thrive and do their best work. The values we strive to live every day are:
- Make It Fun
- Elevate Teammates
- Cultivate Our Community
- Always Level Up
- One Zwift for All
We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Zwift is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected].
Zwift, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.