Senior Manager - Data Engineering at Pluto TV
Pluto TV, a ViacomCBS company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
Overview & Responsibilities:
The Senior .Manager, Data Engineering will be responsible for leading a team of data engineers and will drive the completion of projects within the established scope, working closely with the Program Manager for data. The role will also be responsible for understanding and planning the resource allocation for future, so that the Data Engineering organization can deliver on their commitments
Working as part of the Data Engineering team which is responsible for handling all data feeds and collecting analytical streaming data from all our client software. This is a very fast paced environment dealing with very large volume and high velocity of data. You must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills and strong organizational and prioritization skills.
• Demonstrated ability to build, lead and manage teams of engineers both on and offshore
• Demonstrated understanding and experience with Big Data systems
• Demonstrated ownership and ability to lead and manage large complex projects
• Demonstrated ownership and ability to lead and manage multiple projects
• Demonstrated strong time-management, prioritization, and organizational skills
• Demonstrated strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
• 15+ years experience in software development
• 5+ years experience with AWS
• Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
• Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to cultivate relationships and negotiate with internal clients
• Ability to manage expectations and deadlines
• Ability to motivate and mentor team members
• Proven strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to lead and manage engineers
• Ability to plan and manage project roadmaps
• Demonstrated understanding of data / software project lifecycle
• Demonstrated ability to own and lead projects end to end
• Strong knowledge of CI/CD Pipelines
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
• Effectively and clearly communicate and manage open project risks and dependencies with leadership
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.viacomcbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to [email protected] Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.