We’re looking for a Senior Machine Learning Engineer to join Procore’s Machine Learning and AI Service Team. In this role, you will help evolve our machine learning platform to support hundreds of models. Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least explored industries for AI. That’s why we’re looking for talented Engineers in the AI domain to join Procore’s journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
As a Senior Machine Learning Engineer, you’ll partner with the Site Reliability Engineering team and Application teams to implement the set of services needed to release AI and data science models capable of working with TB of data. You’ll model related features including one time and ongoing automatic model training, deploying, and monitoring models, as well as platform-related features such as model repository, feature stores, and data access layer. This position is a great opportunity to use your machine learning, data engineering, and AWS cloud service skills to enable machine learning as a service at scale at Procore.
This position reports to the Senior Manager of ML and AI service team and has the opportunity to be located in any of our US offices, or permanently remote within the US or Canada. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Build machine learning tools to make model development more efficient
- Build automation for model deployment and maintenance in production
- Work with Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team to create reliable AI services
- Provide technical leadership for efforts around tooling and infrastructure that enable teams to complete and maintain AI projects efficiently
- Partner with application teams on the understanding of business requirements and design user feedback loop to collect user data
- Work with the tools implemented by our SDET team to design unit and integration tests to make sure the systems you are releasing works as intended.
- Coach and mentor junior engineers in the team; lead code reviews, design, and best practices
- Participate in the evolution of Data Engineering at Procore
- Work alongside our Product, UX, and Prototype Engineering teams leveraging your experience and expertise in the AI space to influence our product roadmap, developing innovative solutions that add additional capabilities to our product suite
What we’re looking for:
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience developing systems for the machine learning lifecycle: data preprocessing and feature extraction, model training and evaluation, and deployment and monitoring. Familiarity with the associated open source ecosystem (e.g., mlflow, cortex, seldon, Kubeflow, tfx) is a plus
- BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience is required; MS or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science or a related field is preferred
- Hands-on experience developing large-scale distributed, fault-tolerant, and scalable data processing systems capable of processing terabytes of structured and unstructured data via batch with Spark, or streaming with Flink or Kafka Streams
- Experience working with data scientists and can speak knowledgeably about the major machine learning paradigms, algorithms, and software tools, and can translate data science problem statements into corresponding data, infrastructure, or workflow needs
- Experience working with data engineers to design data lakes and data warehouses for the need of data scientists
- Familiarity with AWS cloud infrastructure services and container systems such as Docker or Kubernetes
- Familiarity with Python ML packages, deep learning framework (Pytorch or Tensorflow), and computer vision packages
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.