Senior ETL Developer at FabFitFun, Inc.
FabFitFun is seeking an innovative and self-driven Senior ETL Developer to join our growing Data Engineering team for building a scalable and modern data warehouse and business-driven data products. This Senior ETL Developer will partner with existing BI/Data Science teams to develop critical data pipelines for making real-time decisions and business recommendations. The ideal candidate would have a passion for and knowledge of data engineering, big data, distributed/cloud computing and have a proven track record supporting and fulfilling the strategic objectives of a highly cross-functional organization.
What You'll Do:
- Build, test and refine data pipelines for data analytics & business intelligence (BI).
- Data modelling, process design and overall data pipeline architecture.
- Ensure the data quality and consistency with monitoring and support, and play an active role in establishing data governance around company KPIs.
- Work closely with the Product, Data Science & BI teams to design, build & test end-to-end solutions.
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Proven ability to looking at solutions unconventionally and explore opportunities and devise innovative solutions
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Experience gathering complex business requirements and identifying data needs
- Extensive experience with design & development of relational databases and data warehouses.
- Advanced level of proficiency in SQL development
- Strong knowledge & expertise with Python, Spark, Shell scripting
- Extensive ETL development experience with large-scale DBS or big data systems such as Hadoop, BigQuery, AWS Redshift, Snowflake, etc
- Extensive experience with ETL Development tools such as Talend, Pentaho, Informatica or other AWS ETL frameworks.
- Experience working with BI reporting tools such as Looker, Tableau or Microstrategy.
- Experience analyzing data to identify deliverables, gaps, and inconsistencies.
- Experience with Java Development is a plus!
- Experience on subscription service products is a huge plus!
- Knowledge of Accounting, FP&A and Marketing functions is a huge plus!
- Data Lake experience is a huge plus!
What You'll Get:
- Daily impact on one of the fastest growing companies in the US that are revolutionizing e-commerce
- Assist in helping FabFitFun achieve personalization through data science and analytics
- Full health-care coverage as well as dental and vision coverage and 401k
- Flexible PTO and generous holiday schedule
- Catered meals, kitchen stocked with great snacks and drinks
- Free FabFitFun subscription and and quarterly credit in the Add-Ons store