Senior Data Warehouse Engineer at ServiceTitan
Ready to be a Titan?
ServiceTitan is seeking an exceptional Senior Data Warehouse Engineer to join one of the fastest-growing tech startups in Southern California, backed by the best VC firms in the SaaS space.
Qualified individual will join a small, but rapidly growing, team that prides itself on being a, solution-driven, strategic partner to ServiceTitan business operators. We’re one of the most data-driven companies, at all levels of the organization, that will depend on your work to achieve the extraordinary. You will be empowered to challenge the status quo, dream big and make a massive impact.
What you'll do:
- Help build our Business Insights capabilities, including defining and implementing requirements for our company-wide BI platform, management of integrations and prioritization of requests backlog.
- Collaborates with business, service, and solution architects to understand data architecture and maximize the value of data across the organization
- Collaborating with team members to design, develop, test, document and implement data integration, data warehousing, and business intelligence solution.
- Responsible for the development of logical data models and physical database designs applied across multiple computing environments
- Develop integration processes with different external platforms to extract data efficiently and accurately
- Develop automated scripts to validate data quality and integrity
- Monitor performance and advise any necessary infrastructure changes
- Ensure optimal end-user performance by establishing and consistently executing overall system performance assessment processes and associated action plans
- Establish quality working relationship with internal users and help them understand the data and metrics in our data warehouse.
- Develop standards, process flows and tools that promote and facilitate the mapping of data sources, documenting interfaces and data movement across the enterprise.
- Define governance and best practices around meta-data to ensure an integrated definition of data for enterprise information, and to ensure the accuracy, validity, reusability, and consistent definitions for common reference data.
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems, or a related discipline
- 4-7 years of Database experience from design to implementation
- Strong understanding of database and data model concepts
- Advanced knowledge of T-SQL
- Deep understanding of ETL best practices, scalability, complex process management, self-healing, etc
- Advanced knowledge of Python for data management
- Good understanding of big data technologies, Spark preferred. Mastery of PySpark
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and cross-functionally
- Development experience with RedShift data warehouse is preferred
- Familiarity with Analytical/Reporting Solutions like Tableau, PowerBI is a plus.
- Data auditing skills to verify data integrity, understand discrepancies and resolve them with the highest sense of urgency.
- Experience using tools like Jira, Confluence.
- Experience working in fast-paced Agile development environment.
Be Human With Us:
Being human isn’t about checking every box on a list. It’s about the experiences we have, people we meet, and the perspectives we share. So, if you have the skills but are hesitant to apply because of your background, apply anyway. We need amazing people like you to help us challenge the conventional and think differently about the problems that we’re solving. We’re in this together. Come be human, with us.
What We Offer:
When you join our team, you’re not just accepting a job. You’re making a career move. Here’s how we’ll support you in doing some of the most impactful work of your career:
Flextime, recognition, and support for autonomous work: Flexible time off with ample learning and development opportunities to continue growing your career. We offer a comprehensive onboarding program, leadership training for Titans at all levels, and other programs and events. Great work is rewarded through Bonusly, peer-nominated awards, and Founders Club- open to all Titans.
Holistic health and wellness benefits: Company-paid medical, dental, and vision (with 100% employer paid options and 80% coverage for dependents), FSA and HSA, 401k match, and telehealth options including memberships to Headspace, Galileo, One Medical, Ginger and more.
Support for Titans at all stages of life: Parental leave and support, up to $20k in adoption reimbursement, on demand maternity support through Maven Maternity, free breast milk shipping through Maven Milk, pet insurance, legal advisory services, financial planning tools, and more.
At ServiceTitan, we celebrate individuality and uniqueness. We believe that the convergence of fresh perspectives and experiences from all walks of life is what makes our product and culture so great. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We do not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.