Headspace is looking for a Senior Data Scientist, reporting into the Director of Data Science and Analytics.
We are seeking a talented and experienced senior data scientist to deliver impactful insights to teams across the business. Working closely with the director of data science and analytics, the senior data scientist will develop models to solve business problems and improve the member experience. The individual will have the opportunity to inspire and mentor additional members of the team in all things data-related. A successful candidate will be technically strong, proficient in communicating results to a range of audiences, and excited to share their knowledge with other team members
Location: This role is open to remote employees in select US states: California, New York, Florida, Georgia, Texas, Maryland + Washington DC, North Carolina and Washington.
About the Senior Data Scientist role at Headspace:
- Train, test, and tune machine learning models for a variety of problems across the business
- Manage all aspects of data science projects from start to finish, including early conversations with stakeholders and presenting results to executives
- Work with the Director of Data Science & Analytics to pave the way for actionable data science in a high-growth, mission-driven organization
- Identify opportunities to apply data science and machine learning towards unaddressed business problems, or to improve existing aspects our data science infrastructure
- This role will be a pillar of Headspace’s core strategy moving forward to emphasize and leverage data science throughout the business
What you’ve accomplished:
- Bachelor degree in computer science, statistics, applied mathematics, or any scientific or computational degree, Masters/Ph.D. preferred
- 5+ years of experience developing machine learning models and putting them into production
- 5+ years delivering analytical insights to stakeholders
- Experience managing data science projects from conception to completion
- Experience with user behavior, mobile app, and subscription business a plus
- Deep understanding of statistics, experimental design, and machine learning algorithms
- Commitment to using best practices in data science
- Strong programming skills in Python, experience with pySpark is a plus
- Strong SQL skills, experience with AWS services a plus
- Strong ability to communicate complex ideas and results to both technical and non-technical audiences
- 5+ year hands on experience working with big data, streaming data and building end to end in app models
- Ability to work independently and comfortable with ambiguities and changing priorities
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate complex data/algorithms in a simple, actionable way
How we feel about Diversity & Inclusion:
Headspace is committed to bringing together humans from different backgrounds and perspectives, providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do impactful work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our workplace.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Headspace. Please inform our Talent team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
How to get started:
If you’re excited by the idea of seeing yourself in this role at Headspace, please apply with your CV and a cover letter that best expresses your interest and unique qualifications.