Senior Data Scientist, Trust & Safety at Tinder
- Design, implement, and analyze experiments to determine how new models or products improve the health of the platform.
- Use data to identify trends, conduct root cause analysis and suggest potential opportunities for process improvements.
- Evolve our measurement strategy by identifying novel metrics and measurement approaches to guide product strategy, goaling and experiments.
- Conceptualize, develop and maintain dashboards for risk detection and monitoring.
- Help set the team direction by driving cross-functional alignment on projects and priorities.
- Be a strategic partner for Trust & Safety in identifying high impact analytical problems and find innovative ways to tackle these problems via data analysis, experimentation, and statistical modeling.
- Work to promote Trust within other parts of the organization and app, helping to socialize Trust metrics across the company.
- We are looking for candidates who have at least four years of experience in a data science or analytics role.
- We are looking for candidates who have at least one year of experience in spam, abuse, risk, fraud, trust, safety, health, or similar.
- Experience with SQL and data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau or Mode).
- Experience with scripting languages, sophisticated statistical techniques, and A/B testing.
- Experience working with large scale data, preferably in consumer tech.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, and a willingness to collaborate with business partners.
- Ability to develop a nuanced business understanding, testable hypotheses, and meaningful findings from data.
- Eagerness to improve the safety of members on Tinder.
As part of the team, you'll enjoy:
- Working on a product that has an immediate impact on people’s lives all around the world
- Collaborating with a team of creative, fun and driven colleagues
- Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Other perks and wellness benefits like a fitness membership subsidy, paid concierge medical membership, pet insurance offerings, and a commuter subsidy
- A robust Learning + Development offering including our MentorMatch program, access to a library of 6,000+ online learning courses through Udemy, and an annual L+D stipend
- Access to mental health resources
- Fertility preservation benefits
- No Meeting Wednesdays and access to a wide range of product and service discounts through Perkspot
- Charitable donations match up to $15,000 annually
- Monthly and weekly interactive virtual events including Book Club, trivia with prizes and yoga workouts
- The opportunity to join six active Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)