Senior Data Engineer
FabFitFun is one of the best places to work and its amazing success (2 million members) has been achieved due to our incredible employees, dedicated leadership, inclusive corporate culture, and career growth opportunities. Guided by our company values, FFF seeks to maintain a work culture that encourages innovation, rewards creativity, values teamwork, and supports diversity, equity and inclusion. The company endeavors to foster confidence, effectiveness and success for all employees who work with these values every day.
FabFitFun delivers the season’s best beauty, fashion, fitness, and lifestyle products straight to your doorstep. Our mission is to deliver "happiness and well-being to everyone, everywhere". The FabFitFun subscription box is a quarterly, custom curated box with a vast scope of member benefits, including an engaged community, FFF TV, exclusive sales and more.
We have a new opportunity for a Senior Data Engineer to join the team and develop data pipelines that drive real-time decisions and business recommendations. With a passion for and knowledge of data engineering, big data and distributed/cloud computing, will support and fulfill the strategic objectives of a highly cross-functional and dynamic organization.
What You'll Do:
- Build, test and refine data pipelines for data analytics and sciences
- Data modeling, process design and overall data pipeline architecture
- Ensure data quality and consistency through monitoring, supporting and actively establishing data governance around company KPIs
- Work closely with the analytics, data science, product, finance, operations and marketing teams to design, build and test end-to-end solutions
What You'll Bring:
- Four or more years software engineering experience with a focus on data
- Strong background in SQL development
- Solid experience with Python, Spark and shell scripting
- Extensive ETL development experience with large-scale DBS and big data systems such as Redshift, Snowflake and/or Databricks
- Background in working with reporting tools such as Tableau and/or Looker
- Deep experience in the design and development of relational databases and data warehouses
- Ability to look at solutions unconventionally, explore opportunities and devise innovative solutions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with both business and technical teams
- Experience gathering business requirements, identifying data needs and analyzing data to identify deliverables, gaps and inconsistencies
- Degree in computer science or related field
- Data Lake experience
- Experience with subscription-based services
- Experience supporting the accounting, financial planning and analysis areas
What You'll Get:
- Amazing benefits including medical, dental, vision, FSA, 401k and equity incentives
- The opportunity to work in a collaborative environment full of bright, driven, and happy people
- Be a part of one of the fastest growing companies in the US that is revolutionizing eCommerce
- Open/Flexible PTO policy - we trust our employees to manage their time!
- Free FabFitFun subscription and quarterly credit in the Add-Ons store
- Monthly cell phone reimbursement
- Monthly work from home stipend while the company is temporarily remote