Senior Data Engineer at Altruist
Altruist is an LA fintech company on a mission to make financial advice fair for everyone. We’re hiring a talented front end developer with a passion for startup culture. If you have a background in fintech with an understanding of the complexities around security, high availability, and accuracy of building systems, we’re especially excited to hear from you.
Our team is solving a huge problem that requires big-picture thinkers who are motivated to make a real difference through their work.
What you’ll do:
- Work with product and technology teams to understand different entities and objects
- Define a model to store source data that feeds into a transactional system and analytics platform
- Work with content acquisition team in building partnerships with different data providers to enable integration
- Create and maintain multiple pipeline architectures
What you’ll need:
- 10+ years of experience building scalable, modular data lakes/data warehouse or 8+ years of experience building large scale data warehouse systems
- Degree in Computer Science with specialization in Analytics, Information System etc.
- Strong data modeling skills
- Strong analytical skills working with unstructured data
- Advanced knowledge in SQL and scripting
- Experience with big data tools: EMR, Hadoop, Spark etc.
- Experience with Relational and No SQL: Cassandra & Postgres etc.
- Experience with workflow management tool: Airflow or something similar
- Experience with AWS cloud service: EMR, EC2, ECS etc.
- Experience with object-oriented programming: Java, Python, Scala, R
- Experience with BI tools like Tableau/Domo or Looker
- Worked in a fast-paced startup environment and has a track record of building scalable infrastructure and analytics platform
What you’ll get
At Altruist, you’ll work with a talented group of hungry creators looking to disrupt our industry. You’ll be given the freedom to do your best work alongside down-to-earth developers, designers, and thinkers who are at the leading edge of their discipline.
We offer top-of-the-line health benefits, 401(k), a competitive salary, and a flexible schedule including unlimited vacation time. You’ll join on the ground floor and have the opportunity to make your mark and have a real say in how we build products. Our office is located in the heart of Venice on Abbot Kinney.
You’ll join a proven founding team that is backed by one of the most storied VCs in the US: Venrock. Together, we’re going to try to fix the broken parts of finance and investing.