Senior Data Engineer at FabFitFun
FabFitFun is one of the best places to work and its amazing success (over 1 million members) has been achieved due to our incredible employees, dedicated leadership, inclusive corporate culture, and career growth opportunities. Guided by our company values, FFF seeks to maintain a work culture that encourages innovation, rewards creativity, values teamwork, and supports diversity, equity and inclusion. The company endeavors to foster confidence, effectiveness, and success for all employees who work with these values every day.
FabFitFun delivers the season’s best beauty, fashion, fitness, and lifestyle products straight to your doorstep. Our mission is to deliver "happiness and well-being to everyone, everywhere". The FabFitFun subscription box is a quarterly, custom curated box with a vast scope of member benefits, including an engaged community, FFF TV, exclusive sales, and more.
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to develop data pipelines for making real-time decisions and business recommendations. The ideal candidate would have a passion for and knowledge of data engineering, big data, and distributed/cloud computing, and enjoys supporting and fulfilling the strategic objectives of a highly cross-functional organization.
What You'll Do:
- Build, test and refine data pipelines for data analytics and data science
- Data modeling, process design, and overall data pipeline architecture
- Ensure data quality and consistency with monitoring and support, and play an active role in establishing data governance around company KPIs
- Work closely with the analytics, data science, product, finance, operations, and marketing teams to design, build, and test end-to-end solutions
What You'll Bring:
- 5+ years of software engineering experience with a focus on data
- Solid experience in SQL development
- Solid experience with Python, Spark, shell scripting
- Extensive ETL development experience with large-scale DBS or big data systems such as Redshift, Snowflake, Databricks, etc.
- Experience working with reporting tools such as Tableau or Looker
- Extensive experience with design & development of relational databases and data warehouses
- Ability to look at solutions unconventionally and explore opportunities and devise innovative solutions
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate with both business and technical teams
- Experience gathering business requirements and identifying data needs
- Experience analyzing data to identify deliverables, gaps, and inconsistencies
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- Data lake experience
- Experience on subscription service products
- Knowledge of accounting, FP&A, and marketing functions
What You'll Get:
- Amazing benefits including medical, dental, vision, FSA, 401k and equity incentives
- The opportunity to work in a collaborative environment full of bright, driven, and happy people
- Be a part of one of the fastest growing companies in the US that is revolutionizing eCommerce
- Open/Flexible PTO policy - we trust our employees to manage their time!
- Free FabFitFun subscription and quarterly credit in the Add-Ons store
- Monthly cell phone reimbursement
- Monthly work from home stipend while the company is temporarily remote