Senior Data Engineer at MeUndies
MeUndies is a Los Angeles, CA-based underwear and loungewear company best known for its softer than soft basics. Founded in 2011, MeUndies disrupted the $110B underwear industry when it launched the first online underwear subscription. Through the years the brand has inspired a passionate community of undie-obsessed individuals with its bold, comfortable products.
Today MeUndies has sold more than twelve million pairs of underwear and is profitable with double-digit YoY growth. It continues to redefine the subscription market by evolving the transactional subscription to a membership centered on community and its relationship with the brand.
The innovative direct-to-consumer brand offers multiple purchasing options including singles, packs, matching pairs and its monthly membership. It opened its first flagship store in Los Angeles in 2018.
We're looking for a Senior Data Engineer to help build out our next generation data infrastructure as a key member of our Engineering team, collaborating with other leads to formalize our Data Engineering practice enabling advanced data collection, experimentation, search, and personalization. You will get a chance to be hands-on with a variety of technologies and your work will have a real impact on the direction and quality of our services. The Senior Data Engineer will report to the CTO.What You’ll Do
- Work with engineering and business stakeholders to understand data requirements
- Work with Operations Team to design, build, maintain and manage a scalable, secure and auditable production data infrastructure using infrastructure/configuration as code
- Interact and integrate with internal and external teams and systems to develop complex ETL workloads
- Support experimentation and A/B Testing efforts
- Oversee all aspects of design, implementation, and maintenance of data warehouse
- Monitor and support data pipelines to honor internal and external SLAs
- Own communication / collaboration between Analytics and Engineering teams
- Work within standard engineering practices (i.e. SCRUM, unit/integration testing, design review, code reviews, continuous integration, etc.) to deliver product features
- Ability to learn and adapt to continually evolving technologies in the big data ecosystem
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in Data Engineering / Data Warehousing roles working in high traffic, fault tolerant, and highly available environments
- 5+ years experience with SQL skills
- 5+ years of experience with Python, Java, Ruby or a similar programming language
- Experience building distributed data pipelines on large scale production datasets
- Experience implementing solutions to comply with GDPR and/or other Data Privacy regulations
- Strong skills and deep hands-on experience with data: architecture, modeling, partitioning, anonymization, backfilling, etc…
- Ambitious and fast moving, while also open to new ideas and able to recognize when you’re wrong and move past your own mistakes
- Cloud: AWS, Google
- Data warehouse: Hive, Redshift, Big Query
- Data lake architectures: built on S3, Cloud Storage, HDFS
- Data pipeline: Airflow, Beam, Glue, Spark
- Messaging: Kafka, RabbitMQ, SQS
- Languages: Python, Java, SQL, HOCON, JSON, YAML
- Database: PostgreSQL (RDS/Aurora), DynamoDB, Redis
- Analytics platforms: Superset, Tableau, Looker
- MS in Computer Science or a related degree
- AWS Certifications: Big Data, Solutions Architect Associate, Developer Associate are preferred, but similar certifications on other cloud providers are a bonus as well.
WHY WORK AT MEUNDIES?
It's more than a job.
We have focused on building a team of people that emulates all of our core values. We look for people who stay balanced, go further, build relationships, champion differences, and are humble. At MeUndies, we continue to maintain a stellar brand by working collaboratively and encouraging growth with learning opportunities. Not to mention, there is no such thing as a small achievement here - we celebrate it all!
We look at the necessities.
We offer competitive equity/salary packages which include targeted annual bonuses, plus generous parental leave, a 401k, awesome health benefits, and open time off (yeah, we said it). You’ll enjoy top-of-the-line hardware and software, and have access to an annual personal Learning & Development budget of $1,000!
We offer all the head turning office things.
We have endless office amenities but here are a few of the fan favorites - everybody gets access to an on-site gym & shower, endless snacks, cold brew on tap, and a cozy lounge completed with a Wii for epic Mario Kart tournaments. Plus there are plenty of dogs (to pet, not to take home).
We don’t forget the most important things.
There’s a robust 360 review process, regular pulse surveys, and a focus on open communication. We also have annual employee check-ins to reflect back on achievements and plan for career growth. We’re always rooting for you.
Plus those special extra things.
We keep things fun with frequent catered lunches, holiday parties, offsites, happy hours, and an annual retreat. You’ll get a sweet employee discount, as well as a monthly MeUndies membership to rebuild your underwear drawer with our top notch prints.