Senior Data Engineer
Procore is looking for someone to join our small but quickly growing R&D data engineering team. Data engineers are responsible for designing and implementing Procore's overarching data strategy. Critical projects include the design and operation of Procore's streaming data infrastructure, architecture of Procore's data warehouse and the selection of new infrastructure technologies.
We're looking for a motivated engineer with at least 5 years of experience. You must be comfortable operating in a high autonomy environment, architecting systems from the ground up and deploying technologies that are new to our organization. You will work directly with multiple stakeholders including senior executives, product managers, engineers, QAs and analysts.
This position is based in our headquarters in Carpinteria, CA on the bluffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Design star schema data marts for Procore R&D's first data warehouse
- Build tooling for and evangelize Procore's Kafka-based streaming data platform
- Verify data integrity with end-to-end automated testing solutions
- Deploy cloud-based data infrastructure in AWS
Examples of our projects:
- An ETL pipeline for our data warehouse consisting of batch processing with Snowflake, orchestration with Airflow, monitoring with Datadog and alerting with Slack
- A Maven package used by all of R&D for building Kafka consumers with built in support for configuration, error reporting, monitoring, deserialization, gRPC, Kinesis Firehose and Kubernetes
- Ruby libraries for instrumentation and reporting of analytics from Procore microservices
What we’re looking for:
- Strong SQL and relational modeling skills
- Experience with streaming systems such as Apache Kafka or AWS Kinesis
- Proficiency in provisioning and operating AWS services such as IAM, S3 and RDS
- End-to-end data quality control and automated testing experience
- Python or Java programming experience
- Experience with Kubernetes
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. To learn more about our team, click here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.