We’re BCG Digital Ventures. Welcome.
We are an ever-growing global team of the world’s most remarkable entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. Our ventures create a strategic advantage for the most important global companies. Our mission is to invent, launch, scale and invest in game-changing businesses with the world’s most influential corporations.
Adventure awaits you…
Build innovative businesses from the ground up
We are shaping the next generation of startups, and we’re looking for the brightest minds in the business to help us. Our world-class, multidisciplinary team will challenge you to push the boundaries of the industry. If you have the passion, tenacity, and curiosity to build innovative businesses from the ground up, we invite you to join our mission.
Engineering at BCGDV
Our multidisciplinary engineering team tackles challenges at their core. From product and test engineers to full stack engineers and data scientists, these venture builders all share a passion for innovative and emerging digital solutions. Working in collaboration with product and design teams, they use cutting-edge and custom technologies to imagine, build and launch breakthrough digital businesses that disrupt markets and generate untold value for businesses and consumers alike.
The Senior Data Engineer is responsible for seeing the big picture and building a stable, scalable system for it to run on. You will also have an opportunity to work with the best and brightest engineers, designers, and entrepreneurs to create new digital experiences in an environment that’s both collaborative, and free from micromanagement.
You should have...
- 5+ years of experience in Software Engineering / BI / Data Warehouse design and development using modern Relational and NoSQL databases like MySQL, PostgreSQL, and MongoDB.
- 2+ year of experience in Big Data Engineering using tools like Hadoop, Hive & Map Reduce
- Experience creating systems that ingest data from various sources
- Experience with Apache Spark or similar fast/real-time tools
- Workflow flexibility and strong teamwork skills
- Experience with distributed systems and cloud architecture using AWS
Additional desired competencies are...
- Bachelors degree or greater in Computer Science or related areas, or equivalent practical experience
- Data Modeling and Data Science experience building predictive models
- Experience with Python, Unix, or statistical software packages (R, SAS) for data manipulation
- Confidence with analytical tools such as Excel, R, Stata, or Matlab
To learn more, visit us at BCGDV.com.
Interested applicants may apply through the careers section of the website at https://www.bcgdv.com/. Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
BCG Digital Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.